Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

BBQ Pork Nachos

Tell us what you like. In the recipe sub forum post your recipe. Please no comments on recipes. Only likes please. The main cooking forum is for general chat about food and cooking.
Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

BBQ Pork Nachos

Post by Headhog » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:11 pm

I love to make a pork butt on the Green Egg but with just two of us we have a lot of leftovers. My wife freezes the pulled pork in packages that are enough for the two of us. One of our favorite ways to prepare the leftover pork is to make BBQ pork Nachos. Here's what I do:

Ingredients:

BBQ Pork 12-16 oz.
BBQ Sauce (use your favorite BBQ sauce, sweet works best. I use Sweet Baby Rays)
Nacho chips
Chopped Onion 3/4 - 1 cup
Chopped bell pepper 3/4 - 1 cup (We used the red, yellow & orange today, but green are also good)
Chopped tomato 3/4 - 1 cup
Nacho cheese sauce (can use queso, today we used melted velvetta with some milk and Rotel)
Chopped jalapeño (fresh are great, but today we used pickled that my wife made from the garden)
Sour Cream (cools down the jalapeño)

Directions:

Warm the pork in a sauce pan with some BBQ sauce. Use as much sauce as you like. Today I used about 1/3 cup for 1 lb of pork. Mix it in and heat. Cover a platter with the Nacho chips (use a good layer). Place the warmed pork liberally over the chips. Top with the chopped peppers, onions and tomato (use the amount that makes you happy). Then drizzle on a good amount of the cheese sauce. Top this with the jalapeño peppers and finish with a good dollop of sour cream in the middle.

This is ready to serve immediately. Don't wait because thee chips will get soggy.

This is one of the ways we like to use up leftover pork butt. The idea is to get creative with the nachos. We've made this with chopped lettuce also. It just depend on what you have. What you want here is the contrast between the sweet BBQ and spicy jalapeño peppers mixed with the flavors of the onion, bell pepper and tomato.

Nachos.jpg
Nachos.jpg (239.26 KiB) Viewed 997 times

Paul
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: BBQ Pork Nachos

Post by JEBar » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:45 pm

interesting recipe .... we definitely hope to give it a try .... my wife's sister-in-law is the Dietician at the large nursing home .... she's an excellent cook in her own right and she makes a very similar recipe with hamburger
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: BBQ Pork Nachos

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:04 pm

Did someone say Nachos. Im in
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55