Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Stir fried pork and....

Tell us what you like. In the recipe sub forum post your recipe. Please no comments on recipes. Only likes please. The main cooking forum is for general chat about food and cooking.
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Stir fried pork and....

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:38 pm

Looking for a less fattening way to prepare pork chops, I hit upon this idea. I heat about a quarter cup of olive oil in my wok and add chopped onions, chopped fresh sweet peppers (if I have them, a half dozen mild chopped banana pepper rings if I don't,) and let that start to simmer on low heat.

I cube the pork chops and turn the heat up, browning the pork, then turn er down and let it cook slowly for a bit. Now, we can go two directions.... Depending on the contents of the second pot.

Noodles?

I add a can of cream of mushroom soup once the pork is tender, and a cup of water.... Bring to a low boil and cook down to thicken, serve over the noodles. Of course salt, pepper, etc to taste.

Rice?

Couple shots of Worcestershire sauce, shots of lemon juice, and quarter cup of honey with a shot of mustard. If needed, half cup of water, stir to blend, and season with salt and pepper. Serve over rice.

Great meal for quick dinner, twenty minutes. Cleanup, two pans.
(If you cheat and use paper plates.) :D
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Stir fried pork and....

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:16 pm

as a possible substitute .... my wife melts a stick of butter in an oven safe pan (she uses cast iron) .... pour in cup of rice, stirring frequently until it is golden brown .... dissolve 2 beef bullion cubes in 2 cups of water and stir rice as you pour it over the browned rice .... 350 in the oven until the moisture is absorbed, stir a couple of time .... she makes the best rice I've ever eaten
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Stir fried pork and....

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:14 am

The recipe above also works with cheap steak, chicken, lamb chops...
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.