Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Coffee grinding coffee drinkers?

Tell us what you like. In the recipe sub forum post your recipe. Please no comments on recipes. Only likes please. The main cooking forum is for general chat about food and cooking.
Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Re: Coffee grinding coffee drinkers?

Post by Les » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:32 pm

I used to grind the beans too, and tried several varieties, most of 'em with names I couldn't pronounce, but now I just stick to Nescafe Gold Blend instant. When I want a coffee, I want one NOW!! - not in 10 minutes after the grief of grinding and percolating it! :lol:
0 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:10 pm

Les wrote:I used to grind the beans too, and tried several varieties, most of 'em with names I couldn't pronounce, but now I just stick to Nescafe Gold Blend instant. When I want a coffee, I want one NOW!! - not in 10 minutes after the grief of grinding and percolating it! :lol:
I put 16 ozs of water in the microwave for 4 1/2 mins [ just under 212 degrees ] . Then I ground my coffee beans and in put it in my Melitta coffee maker and pour the 200 degree water over grounds and it less then 6 mins start to finish I have 16 ozs of fresh coffee , brewed perfectly to my taste .
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:51 pm

tx gunrunner wrote:
Les wrote:I used to grind the beans too, and tried several varieties, most of 'em with names I couldn't pronounce, but now I just stick to Nescafe Gold Blend instant. When I want a coffee, I want one NOW!! - not in 10 minutes after the grief of grinding and percolating it! :lol:
I put 16 ozs of water in the microwave for 4 1/2 mins [ just under 212 degrees ] . Then I ground my coffee beans and in put it in my Melitta coffee maker and pour the 200 degree water over grounds and it less then 6 mins start to finish I have 16 ozs of fresh coffee , brewed perfectly to my taste .
You're making me want to go get another cup. Sounds delicious.
0 x

Whaler
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Whaler » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:25 pm

I ground my own beans for years but a couple years ago we got a Keurig machine and now I can have my dark roast and my wife gets her light roast. Makes for a happy family.
1 x
Henry Big Boy .357mag Carbine
Bersa Thunder .22LR
CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm
CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm
SIG P238 .380
Beretta 84FS .380
Weatherby SA-08 Deluxe 28ga

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:18 pm

Never ground my own coffee. We bought a Keurig when they first came out years ago and it is still working, even though it sounds like a plane taking off when it pumps. You can hear it all over the house, I don't know what keeps it running. I have only descaled it twice. I get the K-cups for $25.00 for a box of 80 cups at an outlet here called Ollie's Outlet. It may not be the most popular brands but I really like what they have to offer in dark and medium roast, tastes good. I guess they are factory overruns or something like that, but it is never out of date. At SAM's Club or BJ's it is usually $39.00 for a box of 80, but then you have a choice of the more popular brands.
0 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

Tape
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Tape » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:41 pm

grinding your own is just so much better, once I done it I was stuck and couldn't drink store bought ground coffee any longer, it's just so bland and weak.
1 x

imeccentric
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by imeccentric » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:08 am

Not only grind it, but we roast it as well. Coffee berries are cheaper, give better flavor and keep a long time. Use a hot air popcorn popper for roasting. Coffee is my main source of nutrition :)
1 x

Tape
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Tape » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:05 pm

imeccentric wrote:Coffee berries are cheaper
where do you get the berries? I had no idea you could buy the berries or I would have done so yrs ago.
0 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:45 pm

I ground up some coffee last night, but only because I bought a bag of whole beans by mistake. One of these days I'm gonna splurge on another Keurig machine (wore one out a coupla years ago). Those K-cups may be a bit pricey, but they make excellent coffee.
0 x

Tape
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Tape » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:01 am

ditto1958 wrote:I ground up some coffee last night, but only because I bought a bag of whole beans by mistake.
do you have a coffee grinder or using other methods?

I'm getting up to do a grinding and drink some.
0 x