Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Chili/Soup

Tell us what you like. In the recipe sub forum post your recipe. Please no comments on recipes. Only likes please. The main cooking forum is for general chat about food and cooking.
Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Chili/Soup

Post by Squatch » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:53 pm

Now you're talking my language! I love some good soup or chili. Mama Squatch made chili a few weeks ago and we had homemade split pea soup last night.

Most any meat that comes in the house makes a meal. Then it's harvested for soup or similar. Even those precooked chickens we occasionally get from the grocery. We eat a meal (just Mama and I), Then the rest becomes chicken and dumplings and often there is still enough left for noodle soup!

Mama Squatch's most important chili discovery was an accident. A few years ago she was making chili and reached for the chili powder to add a little more. Except instead of chili powder she grabbed the almost identical Cinnamon container and added a few shakes. We didn't even know until eating the awesome chili and I tasted just a little sweetness in it and realized what had happened. it's now part of her recipe!
1 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:40 pm

I'm hooked on sweet potato soup with cilantro. Easy peasy and tastes great. A little curry powder for flavor, and a handful of fresh cilantro takes it from good to fantastic.
2 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:53 pm

clovishound wrote:I'm hooked on sweet potato soup with cilantro. Easy peasy and tastes great. A little curry powder for flavor, and a handful of fresh cilantro takes it from good to fantastic.
So start a new thread and give us the recipe already. :D :lol: :mrgreen: :o
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member