Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Let's get the lead out men

Tell us how you do it
ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Let's get the lead out men

Post by ol'pole » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:02 pm

Here's how I get the lead out, been using this method for 10+ years, Mix equal parts white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide ( buy each for about $1), plug one end of your barrel, pour into barrel wait 5-10 minutes and dispose of safely (it poison, liquid lead read warning on web site). Clean & repeat if necessary.
I shoot a lot of lead and this works!!
Here is the site that I found this formula. father frogs pad, www.frfrogspad.com. Lots of good stuff there
Last edited by ol'pole on Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
I love my country but I fear my government

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:26 pm

Best way to keep the lead out is don't let it in. Here's how I keep my barrel's from leading. I've been using this formula for years 5000+ rounds. Equal parts liquid alox and a good quality wood floor wax mixed, tumble lube in old bowl, 200 bullets to 1 tablespoon of mix, spead on waxed paperpaper let dry 4 to 8 hours. Will have a waxy feel (like a crayon) and a little brown tint. I shoot full power 357 lead rounds with little to no leading.
If you don't want to mix your own here's a source White label lube www.LsStuff.com, this is where I got my alox they call it Xlox they sell their mix, they call it 40-40-10
0 x

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:37 pm

Here's something else I found not for lead but to keep purty guns. Van's instant gun blue www.vansgunblue.com .been using it on my Peacemaker and my S&W model 17-03 for touch ups, easy to use and works great
0 x

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:58 pm

Another thing I found. Microlon gun juice. Treats barrel's and an assembly lube.
Being cheap, I think I figured out what gun juice is, a thin oil and some hexagonal Boron nitride. Found some hbn on Amazon called derby dust in .5 micron, about $5, I mix it ( just a tiny tiny bit) with some Gunzilla clp and swab my barrel's after cleaning from the range. Dries to a haze.
Hbn is also used by bullet casters when they poly coat the bullets, they mix it with the coat to lube the bullet.
With hBn a little goes a loooong way
0 x