Tell us how you do it
GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Re: Bore polishing using a bore snake

Post by GunnyGene » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:15 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:02 pm
Ive heard of this. But what are we trying to do here. These guns arent bench guns expected to shoot 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. Just shoot the gun and have fun with it. Sure you can expect 1 inch or a little more at that range but gees man seems like people are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Just my .02 worth
Yeah, I did my required (every range day & weekends) spit polishing of my issued M1 in boot camp.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:41 pm

I know a polished bore is a lot easier to clean.
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:10 pm

Well, there are a lot of things out there that can be used in different applications. The De-Ox is one that I mentioned in another thread for cleaning revolver cylinders. It works great. I purchased a lead removing cloth the other day at the lgs because I saw that it did a good job. I was surprised when I opened the package it smelled just like a Miracle Cloth (https://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Cloth-Pu ... 4378&psc=1) and low and behold it is/was. I use Miracle Cloths in the repair trade as it has many different uses.
Jake
0 x

Bill.68
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bill.68 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:29 pm

Im all for ingenuity but tou do not lap a barrel with anything but a lead lap, well, several lead laps, and lapping compounds, takes about 5 hours for a trained barrel maker.
I cant think of an easier way to possibly (likely) ruin a barrel than this.
But, its not my barrel and the owner can certainly do as he/she pleases and I will wish them the best result. I just couldnt do it to one of mine is all because Ive read many times how professional gunsmiths do it and I know enough to know I dont know enough to do it on my own.
0 x
Please always remember to never forget, No matter where you go, there you are.