Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Paper plates are great

Tell us how you do it
PMC
Cowhand
United States of America

Paper plates are great

Post by PMC » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:26 pm

After a range trip today, I broke down my carry 1911 for a basic field strip.

I like to use paper plates to hold the parts as I spray them down with CLP. All I use for a basic field strip and cleaning is pretty much what you see in the picture besides some paper towels and a micro fiber cloth to clean and wipe things down.

I might do a long post with pictures the next time I do a complete strip down of the whole gun including the frame. Might also do one on magazine maintenance.
IMG_4435.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Re: Paper plates are great

Post by Les » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:33 pm

Great idea .... and no washing up after you've finished! ;) :lol:
1 x

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:07 pm

Very good idea, thanks!
1 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:16 pm

Would very much appreciate a long post with pics if you get the time and the urge. Nice work.
1 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:06 pm

And when you're done with the plates you can tack them up at the range and fill them full of holes!
3 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

PMC
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by PMC » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:36 pm

RanchRoper wrote:And when you're done with the plates you can tack them up at the range and fill them full of holes!
:lol:
1 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:02 am

"Honey, why does all our picnic food taste like gun oil?"
2 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Rugerfanboy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Rugerfanboy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:10 am

PMC wrote:After a range trip today, I broke down my carry 1911 for a basic field strip.

I like to use paper plates to hold the parts as I spray them down with CLP. All I use for a basic field strip and cleaning is pretty much what you see in the picture besides some paper towels and a micro fiber cloth to clean and wipe things down.

I might do a long post with pictures the next time I do a complete strip down of the whole gun including the frame. Might also do one on magazine maintenance.

IMG_4435.JPG
How you like that Wilson Combat Oil..?? I have two of there oils and a bottle of grease. I use the Wilson Combat grease the most.
0 x
[color=#FF0000]Squatch[/color] wrote:I ended up loading 47 of those 300gr torpedoes. I have room in my ammo box for mouse farts and cruise missiles. Each have a job. I like them all! :D

PMC
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by PMC » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:32 am

Rugerfanboy wrote:
PMC wrote:After a range trip today, I broke down my carry 1911 for a basic field strip.

IMG_4435.JPG
How you like that Wilson Combat Oil..?? I have two of there oils and a bottle of grease. I use the Wilson Combat grease the most.
I love the Wilson Combat oil. It stays on the rails and does not ever gum up. I have taken my carry gun apart after up to 6 or 8 weeks and there is still a coating of the Wilson Oil on the rails after daily carry of 12 to 16 hours of daily carry. I also have a bottle of the Wilson Combat grease and I use it for some applications.

I have found that Hoppes #9, the Wilson Combat oil, CLP and a silicon rag can take care of what ever I need to clean and maintain. I also buy the micro fiber cloths. I keep my bore snakes clean, and love q-tips too.
1 x