Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

MK23 Day!

Tell us how you do it
DsGrouse
Cattle Driver
United States of America

MK23 Day!

Post by DsGrouse » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:21 pm

I took it out, and shot it with my can. A can with a fixed barrel spacer because I used it on my bbx 45 colt. For those not in the know, a tilting/browning action pistol is not going to function with a fixed barrel space. I had to put the Nielson device back together. The can is back together for pistol use.

Fixed barrel spacer IE the slotted thing that fits over the suppressor piston. Normally that would have a spring allowing for the barrel to tilt and the pistol's action to cycle.

Can back together, You can see a bit of a second spring in the upper right of the photo.

MK23 Frame and slide assembly

I cleaned and greased the recoil system. The slide and barrel still need to be wiped down and have new grease applied.

Wiped down, and ready for grease.

Back together and ready for its next range visit>
1 x

DsGrouse
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: MK23 Day!

Post by DsGrouse » Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:26 pm

Cleaning my 9KT SBR, I would guess that I had about a year and 1400 rounds through it without cleaning.

My P365 xl was due for a good cleaning also.
My POF Puritan piston gun had a lot of suppressed rounds run through it recently; time to get it cleaned up.

My POF P308 Edge was in the same condition; yeah, we had a fun range day.

I also cleaned up my 300 black out sbr, but didn't take pictures. Here is an old picture of it, though.
0 x