Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

.22 cal Q-Tip Jag

Tell us how you do it
GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

.22 cal Q-Tip Jag

Post by GunnyGene » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:51 pm

Shot a few rounds of the .22mag GamePoint thru my RPR this morning, but when I came back in to clean it, I couldn't find my jag. Probably vanished into hyperspace. But I did have patches and Q-tips, and I remembered the guys in the mortar platoon in Nam would use Kotex pads to clean their 60mm tubes. So it struck me that a patch on the end of a Q-tip just might work on a .22 cal barrel. Still need the rod to push it thru, but it's a perfect fit and does a great job. 1 Q-tip is good for about 6 patches, and I've got a whole box of Q-tips. Life sometimes cooperates. :D
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: .22 cal Q-Tip Jag

Post by dave77 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:54 pm

I use these for cleaning hard to reach areas on my guns but not for cleaning barrels. They are more lint free than regular Q-Tips. I see the new ones have a more pointed tip than the one's I have so would work even better for cleaning areas like the grooves on semi auto slides. May have to order some of them. They are available in different sizes.

https://www.amazon.com/RamRodz-22600-To ... 148&sr=8-8
0 x