Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Red Ball/ HiPoint carbine magazine tune up.........

Tell us how you do it
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Red Ball/ HiPoint carbine magazine tune up.........

Post by fortyshooter » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:02 pm

One of my 45 ACP 20 round magazines for the HiPoint Carbine was hanging up on the last round causing a failure to feed. I noticed
while ejecting the rounds by hand the follower would not come up all the way. Also the ends of the rounded case stop taps were sharp and digging into the brass when loading and adding drag when trying to push forward when feeding.

So disassembled the magazine VERY CAREFULLY due to the compressed long 17 inch mag spring! :shock: Make sure to keep finger over it when sliding back that end cap.
Polished up the case stop tabs and then cleaned the inside of the magazine and sprayed inside with dry graphite lube.

Reassembled and now it works smooth and the follower doesn't stick. Also the rounds feed out with thumb pressure with no digging in of the stop tabs.

Job completed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Red Ball/ HiPoint carbine magazine tune up.........

Post by leverjc » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:17 pm

Nice work. Always like it when you can make something work better. I have to take a look at my Hi Point mags next time I pull it out.
0 x