Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Pump Mare’s Leg Next

Rep1954
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Pump Mare’s Leg Next

Post by Rep1954 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:22 pm

I hope a pump mare’s leg is next on the agenda for Henry. I know I could buy one of the riles and get a SBR $200.00 tax ransom for it so it would no longer be dangerous to society. Having a tax stamp doesn’t mean it is open to the freedom that a mare’s leg owns as you must acquire permissions to take the gun out of state each time you want to travel out of state with it. After shooting mare’s legs for a while and learning techniques to get positive results I think a pump action would be the most favorable action hand opperated for a gun of the mare’s legs configuration. I know this would be moving away from the cowboy theme.
1 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Pump Mare’s Leg Next

Post by fortyshooter » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:51 pm

If they make like the Shockwave as a "firearm" and not a shotgun no SBR needed. I have one in 20 ga. and it's one of my bedside guns....nice and handy
with a Stream Light on it!
Last edited by fortyshooter on Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:52 pm

Rep1954 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:22 pm
I hope a pump mare’s leg is next on the agenda for Henry. I know I could buy one of the riles and get a SBR $200.00 tax ransom for it so it would no longer be dangerous to society. Having a tax stamp doesn’t mean it is open to the freedom that a mare’s leg owns as you must acquire permissions to take the gun out of state each time you want to travel out of state with it. After shooting mare’s legs for a while and learning techniques to get positive results I think a pump action would be the most favorable action hand opperated for a gun of the mare’s legs configuration. I know this would be moving away from the cowboy theme.
I currently own five Mare’s Legs and would love to see a pump version of it. It would be much easier to cycle
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Rep1954
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Rep1954 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:34 am

fortyshooter wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:51 pm
If they make like the Shockwave as a "firearm" and not a shotgun no SBR needed. I have one in 20 ga. and it's one of my bedside guns....nice and handy
If Henry built a gun with the same configuration as the Shockwave but with a rifled barrel it would it would classified as a pistol as is their mare’s leg guns are. Now if you or I wanted to take a rifle and rebuild it as a Shockwave configuration it would be a SBR. The “Firearm” classified guns are only allowed for guns that do not fit any other classification as it leaves the factory. A shotgun must be shoulder able and have a barrel of at least 18” and a Shockwave meets neither of these. Mossberg builds smooth barreled guns shorter than 26” and barrels less than 18” without being shoulder able and these are considered AOW’s and require a tax stamp.
0 x

Iron Horse Cowboy
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Iron Horse Cowboy » Wed May 13, 2020 11:00 am

fortyshooter wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:51 pm
I too, own a Shockwave with a Streamlight TLR1 white light and have put a Crimson Trace Laser Saddle on mine. The CT Laser Saddle really makes the Shockwave a very viable defense weapon. From the hip, you can be very accurate, no guesswork, with the laser. The laser is very intuitive and a natural part of the Shockwave. Give confidence in shooting it.
0 x