Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

gun show scopes

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: gun show scopes

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:50 pm

bandit1250 wrote:I tested the scopes from the show on my Remington 510X single shot 22 that was sitting here not scoped at the present. The Weaver 4X Marksman is very clear and tracks really well on adjustments. I ran the adjustments from stop to stop both ways. There is no stop on the up or the right you just get to where there is no click. Did the windage the same two full times maxed out. I think it helps free up any thing sticking from lube drying out or just hardening from lack of being used. No parallax issues at 22 rim fire distance. The Bushnell has a little parallax at rim fire range and may be a better scope for a center fire. I can reset the parallax but I will just leave it as is. It also tracked well. I tried the Weaver last hoping it to do well and I could just leave it where it is. Worked out great and it has a new home on the little Remington.
I misread your first post and thought you bought a 10X. That is why I asked about the model number. I have several 4X Marksmans in both 1" and 7/8" tubes. Weaver made several different scopes they marked as Marksmans. I have the one like in the picture on a 1966 Ruger 10/22.

1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Sir Henry, I am thinking now I should have bought the 10X Weaver being in the condition it was in. I have not seen a better one in years. I believe that guy does a lot of fire man type shows and there is a few more coming up in this month. I think he will be at one of them and as bad as that show was Saturday he may not have sold it. It just amazes me how many guys wouldn't want that Weaver for free. It takes some one who used those scopes years ago to appreciate how good they were and still are if taken care of. Some buyers now only want big 50mm scopes with lighted reticles and full of dots and have the "tactical look" they pay no attention to the vintage models. Lets more for me to scarf up at good prices. :D
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:45 pm

Did the 10X have an AO like this one?

0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:09 am

Yes Sir Henry it was like the one you pictured. I would like to see it again and maybe get it for on my 223 700 Remington.
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:44 am

These days there are not a lot of deals at the gun shows. Every now and then you can find something. Glad you did and they both work good.
Congrats
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012