Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Leupold Scope

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Leupold Scope

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:58 am

I only have ever bought one of there scopes. Ive owned it for a while. Its always been covered on the gun its on which is a Ruger 77/22. It looks like brand new. Its a VX-1 3x9x40 rimfire scope. I decided to take this gun out to the grasslands along with another gun a week or so ago. I was shooting some different types of 22 ammo thru the gun to see which ammo this gun liked. It likes CCI mini mags and shoots them very well. Better than I remember it shooting before.Upon shooting the gun I noticed the reticle was turning in a counterclockwise direction. I also noticed I didnt think the focus was as good as it should be. The power adjustment dial was also really hard to turn. I dont remember it being like this in the past. I adjusted the scope once thinking something weird might be up but the reticle moved again. I sent the scope to Leupold they got it last thursday. I just got notice today they received my scope. They also mentioned it will take 5 weeks to fix it. I have some thoughts maybe you do to.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Leupold Scope

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:21 pm

Not at all surprised that Leupold will repair it for you with their excellent warranty, but not at all surprised it will take so long, what with all the problems in the economy right now AND we are going into hunting season right now, too. Repairs on just about every kind of product are backed up right now due to parts shortages, not to mention some labor shortages. Definitely beats paying to get a new Leupold scope, even if you can find one.

Saw one of our friends who works at our local gun shop this morning while shopping for groceries. He reports that getting any guns, ammo or accessories is still really tight.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:31 pm

Keep us posted.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

The Happy Kaboomer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by The Happy Kaboomer » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:47 pm

I use Var-X III's on several of my deer rifles. Some have been on the rifles for 20 years. Never has one failed. BTW Leupold will fix you up. Most all Leupolds have a lifetime warranty
1 x