Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Arken scope

Brando73
Wrangler
United States of America

Arken scope

Post by Brando73 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:56 pm

Just got my Arken 6-14x50 ffp zero stop Gen 2 scope in. Put a tube level and throw lever on her as well as installing the battery.

She's a beauty and will be another Arken as now I have several. Here's a pic just out of the box
Arken 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Arken scope

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:06 pm

Never seen one, but looks nice. I better go online and check it out.
0 x

Brando73
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: Arken scope

Post by Brando73 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:03 am

They are a heavy optic but that's because of the great adjustments and solid build of this long range puppy. If weight is an issue, check out the details on the arken site. With my Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmoor, it's a bench/prone long range gun only. Way too heavy to tote on a hunt but I have used it shooting wild hogs just to see how far I could reach out and drop one. It's a long way....ha. And for those that think this is cruel, wild hogs are destroying out state. I shoot them and leave them, as does almost eveyone I know. The turkey buzzards or other wild hogs will take care of the rest.
The Arken on top of the Ruger makes a pretty heavy package but it great when you have 20 dollar bet with you buddies at distance. We have cameras set up at everything past 600 just to see where on the steel we hit.
I did do some competitions at long range but I was going against people that were outstanding and never won anything but placed ok and I'm a good shot. When you start getting to distance, you're optic, gun barrel, load setup and finally you, are critical if you want to be good. I'm just thrilled to hit anything at 1500...Ha. So look at the scope and what it can do. Watch a few of the reviews on YT but remember that some reviews are just people getting something from another company to downplay an optic that's hurting their business.
0 x