Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Need help on scope for my .17 Henry lever

Brando73
Wrangler
United States of America

Need help on scope for my .17 Henry lever

Post by Brando73 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:41 pm

I thought one of my scopes would be a good fit for the Henry hmr .17 varmint but I think the bell is just too big. It's a great scope but a couple of things have convinced me to move to different scope. I've got the scope bell and tube not touching but it's the tiniest of clearance. With the dove tail top, I need help picking out rings and scope. I don't want a budget rings or scope (I'm far from rich but I don't want to buy twice because I'm not satisfied. I would prefer FFP but not a deal breaker. I haven't a clue what scope would be good for the .17 or the dove tail. I'm wanting something more than 12 power to 16 power with low as 4 power. Perhaps one of our sponcers have something.
I just got the Henry yesterday and cleaned it this morning and mounted and leveled the retical/action.
Please offer your suggestions. It will be greatly appreciated
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Need help on scope for my .17 Henry lever

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:49 pm

What scope and rings do you currently have? If it fits why change? I’m rather fond of Leupolds and Nikons if you can find one.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Need help on scope for my .17 Henry lever

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:20 pm

Brando73 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:41 pm
Please offer your suggestions. It will be greatly appreciated

when I have such questions I pay a visit to our local mom and pop FFL .... I take the rifle with me and tell him what I want in a scope .... based on his experience he recommends a scope and rings .... I learned long ago that he knows his business .... be sure to follow the link below to where you may add your Henry rifles to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 45#p181745
0 x