Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

RPP sights on a 327 BBS

Dunross
Tenderfoot
United States of America

RPP sights on a 327 BBS

Post by Dunross » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:02 pm

Howdy,

I will be picking up a 20" Big Boy Steel in 327 Fed Mag in a couple of weeks and I am looking into sights.

The Ranger Point Precision sight looks good to me. Probably with the round aperture. For the moment I'll leave the front sight as is, but may end up considering a fiber-optic.

I want the sight in black, but that one color does not seem to be available. I'll give them a call in a week or so to see if that's because they're out or they don't offer it. In watching Buffalo Outdoor's video the installation procedure looks pretty simple.

My question is that it appears I will be able to stay with the original front sight blade without having to change it for a taller version?

Also, if I do end up going with the fiber-optic front sight is there some sort of protective hood available from somewhere to use with it to protect the fiber?

Thanks much!
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: RPP sights on a 327 BBS

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT and congratulations on your new Henry.

Check out this thread on the RPP sights; it may be what you're looking for...

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 73#p125518
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:10 pm

Welcome to the forum Dunross. There are a few guys here that have used that sight with success. Maybe that threat CT linked will help you out.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:48 am

First, welcome! With regards to protective hoods, I am not aware of Henrys that have protective hoods. I have a couple of Marlins with them though. As far as protecting the fiber optic lens, it seems to be more of a fishing line type thing. So, breakage should not be much of a concern. I kept the hood on my Marlin 1894C more out of not wanting to knock the front sight out of adjustment. However, I did go with an open hood to allow more light to hit the optic.

I think you will be happy with the RPP sight. Happy shooting!
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

bosleydog
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by bosleydog » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:17 am

if you are going to keep the front sight,put two coats of the brightest orange nail polish on the face of the brass dot, clean the sight with some alcohol first then a drop of clear to give it the extra luminescence. I still ordered the red optic front sight though,couldn't help myself.

Update

new fiber optic front sight came today. Took about 15 minutes to install. I really like it. the fiber dot is small but catches the light and is very bright. It is like a 1MOA red dot sight,does not cover the whole target at 50 or 100 yards
0 x

Dunross
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Dunross » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:11 pm

I have done the orange paint thing for other firearms and may try it with the Henry when it comes in. A base coat of white model paint, then one of orange, with some clear coat on top. Really makes the color stand out.
0 x