Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

new peep sight on AW 357

bosleydog
Tenderfoot
United States of America

new peep sight on AW 357

Post by bosleydog » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:42 am

Sorry guys went with the Ranger Point Precision sight. 3 main reasons,protective wings on either side of the actual sight,protects it from side and forward impacts,the skinner is just, well, out there. 2, I went with the clover leaf version, has 2 green fiber optic tubes that allow me to perfectly line up to the front sight. They also offer the traditional with different apertures as well as the replacement kit for the clover leaf swap to regular peeps.3 they have built in set screws for windage and elevation built in to the base,no twisting of the peep it self. I painted the front brass bead with super orange nail polish and it really compliments the green tubes in the rear sight. Will also probably order the front orange fiber optic from Ranger when they get back in stock. . They also make a lot of after market lever gun parts for all the major brands. Will report back if I ever get some range time
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: new peep sight on AW 357

Post by GFK » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:07 am

I put one on my H009, same color. I have done nothing with the front post. I like the setup. The sight picture is clear. I wanted a open sight that allowed for more accuracy, out to 100 yards. So far, I am a happy camper.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

bosleydog
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by bosleydog » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:14 am

I wasn't going to do anything with the front either. But I just got the X model with the fiber optic on the front and I really like the way it grabs the target . So for the $30 I'll put one on the AW
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:40 pm

I understand. I thought about it. I have a fiber optic (TruGlo) front post on my Marlin 1894C and did not change the rear sight. Yet, the front post stands out. I may go to all fiber optic on both. But for the time being, I am good.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).