Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Skinner BB express

rfkhunter
Tenderfoot

Skinner BB express

Post by rfkhunter » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Has anybody installed a reciever mounted sight and left the stock buckhorn on. Just curious if it interferes and how it looks with both. Any pics would be appreciated. I've seen a pic with the blank installed, but not quite sure if I like the look yet.

Thanks Rich
0 x

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Skinner BB express

Post by Squatch » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:08 pm

I have an old 22 with a flip up tang sight and the barrel mounted rear sight. The problem is not only do you have to aim the tang sight with the front you actually have to line up all 3. It's distracting.
1 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:18 pm

I agree with Squatch. I didn't do that with a Henry, but I did it with a Ruger 10/22 and it just didn't feel right. And the 10/22 sight actually flips down, but I still didn't like it that way.
1 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

Whaler
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Whaler » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:13 am

I found the factory sight distracting so I knocked it out and used the filler from Skinner.
1 x
Henry Big Boy .357mag Carbine
Bersa Thunder .22LR
CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm
CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm
SIG P238 .380
Beretta 84FS .380
Weatherby SA-08 Deluxe 28ga

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:41 am

If not pleased with the blank look, an option is to file the blank's sides down to make them flush with the octagon barrel. Might help the appearance.

rfkhunter wrote:Has anybody installed a reciever mounted sight and left the stock buckhorn on. Just curious if it interferes and how it looks with both. Any pics would be appreciated. I've seen a pic with the blank installed, but not quite sure if I like the look yet.

Thanks Rich
1 x

~Пока~

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:23 am

PT7 wrote:If not pleased with the blank look, an option is to file the blank's sides down to make them flush with the octagon barrel. Might help the appearance.

rfkhunter wrote:Has anybody installed a reciever mounted sight and left the stock buckhorn on. Just curious if it interferes and how it looks with both. Any pics would be appreciated. I've seen a pic with the blank installed, but not quite sure if I like the look yet.

Thanks Rich
I used a 1/2" brass Skinner front sight to make a blank for my Golden Boy. I filed it to match the barrel contours and drilled and tapped it for a spare aperture.
2 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.