Sir Henry wrote:Sure is purdy.
+1. :)
1 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Skinner Sight Is Installed

Post by ditto1958 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:01 am

Squatch wrote:Hard to beat the Skinner's on a Henry!
That's a fact, Jack. Henry, if you're reading this, more Henry models with standard Skinner sights would be a really cool idea.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:45 am

Whaler,

I noticed the scratches on your barrel where the rear of the buckhorn sight rested.

I have an easy suggestion, if you ever remove a stock Henry sight from another rifle. Lift up the rear of the buckhorn and wedge any kind of rag between the sight and the barrel...I've actually doubled a rag because that buckhorn has quite a bit of pressure against the barrel. Anyway, this will help to lessen chance of scratches.
Whaler wrote:Took a few minutes today and installed the Skinner. Wish every task was so easy to do.

2 x

~Пока~

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:55 am

PT7 wrote:... if you ever remove a stock Henry sight from another rifle. Lift up the rear of the buckhorn and wedge any kind of rag between the sight and the barrel...I've actually doubled a rag because that buckhorn has quite a bit of pressure against the barrel. Anyway, this will help to lessen chance of scratches.
Thanks for the helpful tip, PT7. I'll be sure to do that when I get around to upgrading mine.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:12 pm

ditto1958 wrote:
Squatch wrote:Hard to beat the Skinner's on a Henry!
That's a fact, Jack. Henry, if you're reading this, more Henry models with standard Skinner sights would be a really cool idea.
You know, I have thought the same thing, ditto.

But, with so many different kinds of Skinner sights, it would be hard to decide whether to have them put on a dovetail sight, or a receiver sight or a black one or a gold one or....well, you see my point.

Maybe what Henry could do is start offering a gift certificate with the purchase of every Henry that could be used either in the Henry store or at Skinner sights. Just a thought.
0 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:45 pm

White Squirrel wrote:
ditto1958 wrote:Maybe what Henry could do is start offering a gift certificate with the purchase of every Henry that could be used either in the Henry store or at Skinner sights. Just a thought.
on the one hand that could be a good thing

on the other hand, it would have to add to the cost of the Henry (nothing's free) causing those of us who put scopes on our Henry rifles to pay more for something we don't want

Henry and Skinner working together to come up with a discount coupon that could be mutually beneficial to both companies might be a possibility
0 x

rfkhunter
Tenderfoot

Post by rfkhunter » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:03 pm

range report?
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:15 pm

Great question for your 1st post! Exactly what Henry Folk like to see.

Welcome to the Forums from the Show-Me-State. :)
rfkhunter wrote:range report?
0 x

~Пока~

rfkhunter
Tenderfoot

Post by rfkhunter » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:13 am

Lol, really? I'm so sorry my curiosity about how the sight performed for him is upsetting to you as being my first post. lmao seriously
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:09 am

rfkhunter wrote:Lol, really? I'm so sorry my curiosity about how the sight performed for him is upsetting to you as being my first post. lmao seriously
rfkhunter, I think you may have misread the meaning of the comment. I think he was paying you a compliment. We do enjoy range reports and the fact that your first post was asking for one fits right in with all of us.
I have spent some time getting to know most of our active members here. And PT7 hasn't come across as someone who would intentionally insult or make fun of anyone.

And welcome aboard, please take a few minutes to post in the new member introductions so we can all get to know you.
2 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)