Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Peep sight theory and practice

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Re: Peep sight theory and practice

Post by Les » Thu May 11, 2017 4:02 pm

Moe, I didn't say that I could actually hit anything, but at least when I miss I know it's not the equipment. ;) :lol:
0 x

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Thu May 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Nice sights Les!

I want to take a second and thank North Country Gal for reminding us of "Front sight fixation". It can't be said enough. I concentrated on this yesterday at the range and was pleased with the results!
1 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ojaileveraction » Fri May 19, 2017 10:33 pm

I have Williams receiver sights on my four lever guns.
A WGRS-336 on the Big Boy 357, a FP GR on each of the Rimfire Octagon and a FP-336 on the Marlin 336. The FP sights all have target knobs.

I am very happy with the FP sights. They are adjustable and repeatable. That needs planning and practice but it can be done.
The WGRS is not easily adjusted. It's best used static and learn to adjust the sight picture for known distances.
0 x
Pax at Justitia

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat May 20, 2017 11:42 am

Thanks, Squatch. I know it sounds simple, but concentrating wholly on that front sight isn't as easy as it sounds. Even after all these years, I still have to stop and remind myself of this basic at times. A lot of mental stuff happens during the shot cycle. Easy to get distracted.
1 x