Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Marble tang sight

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Marble tang sight

Post by Ernie » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:48 pm

Ordered from MidWay for my 357 and had to order each component separately including the screw set. Was delivered today and I had individual bags of the screws, the upright and each peep with a box for the improved base. When I opened the sealed box which was labeled as only the base there was also a standard upright, .055 peep (included) three screws and an Allen wrench. So I called the service department. It took a few tries for the gent to understand that I had received too much stuff. They will find out if the upright and screws were supposed to be in the factory sealed box and get back to me. Told him if it is right then I want to return the extra stuff and order another set for the $60 the base cost. That's less than half of what Brownells is asking. I am sure there is a mistake somewhere, and my conscience makes me attempt to do the right thing.
2 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Marble tang sight

Post by Ernie » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:21 pm

Got an email from MidWay today to say that they checked the base I ordered and it is the correct one. I know it is, it was the extra stuff in the box with it that I was calling about. I have explained that 3 times. So I give up. Going to order the base and I will have 2 sights, one for the 357 and one for the 45 Colt. :D
0 x

wolfman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by wolfman » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:47 am

Ernie wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:21 pm
will have 2 sights, one for the 357 and one for the 45 Colt. :D
Karma for doing the right thing, good on ya!
1 x

Wabash kid
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Wabash kid » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:12 am

Just curious, does your Big Boy have the serial number on the tang? I have both a Goldenboy, and a Big Boy. I have a Marbles tang sight on my Goldenboy, and I Iove it. I’d like to get one on my Big Boy, but the serial number is on the tang, and I’m not sure it’s legal to put something over the serial number!
Thanks
Paul
0 x
If it’s worth doin, it’s worth doin right.