Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Where would you look for...

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Where would you look for...

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Tue May 11, 2021 5:35 am

Where would one look for a peep sight that would fit on a Remington scoremaster 511? And is anyone even familiar with the old scoremaster?
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Where would you look for...

Post by JEBar » Tue May 11, 2021 9:59 am

I'd call Skinner or some other manufacture of peep sights and try to find out what (if anything) is available
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue May 11, 2021 8:47 pm

Agree with Jim call Skinner and Ranger Point
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

popdad
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by popdad » Thu May 13, 2021 3:00 pm

Williams Gun sight Co, Davidson, MI. they have a web sight and phone #1-800-530-9028. Their is a person that specializes in all their peep sights go through the props or get the operator and they will connect you to the right person.
0 x

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:13 pm

Try Marble's arms
0 x
I love my country but I fear my government

Jdl447
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Jdl447 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:27 am

I have a 1930s vintage Remington Target Master with the factory peep. Unless you can find a donor rifle I think they are pretty much unattainable.
0 x
When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn't become a king. The palace becomes a circus.

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:30 am

Ozarkwoodswalker wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:35 am
Where would one look for a peep sight that would fit on a Remington scoremaster 511? And is anyone even familiar with the old scoremaster?
If the rifle was a factory P model it was equipped with the Remington Point-Crometer rear peep and a Patridge style front. It would have two rather large holes on the left rear of the action and a cut out in the stock for the sight. One hole is for a screw and the other one that holds the sight is also the spare aperture of a different size. These sights are not found cheap and are a pain to get adjusted perfect. The 521-T which used a barreled action from the 511 came with a far superior rear click adjustable Lyman 57 RS that is easy to adjust and is a well made sight that has a push button release to remove to clean the barrel and mine all have a small screw to set after sighting in to return to zero after putting it back on the rifle. Then there was a Redfield 75 that was on the higher priced 513-T that has a mounting base and the sight is easily removed and returns to zero after having it removed as the mounting base stays on the action held by two screws and has a large screw holding it on the mounting plate and has extra holes to move the sight closer to the shooter or farther. I have some of these sights and they work well with their micrometer clicks. I also use Redfield Olympic and Redfield International match sights made to fit center fire target rifles that I had my SIL make mounting bases that are much thicker so they can be used on the smaller diameter rimfire action Remington's that are great sights and better than the Redfield 75 which is a good sight in itself. The low end peep would be a Williams 5D-510 which is a pain to adjust for precise shooting with the no click adjustment. If you want precise adjustments forget the 5D-510 and also the Skinner. I had a Skinner on a Marlin 39A and hated its adjustment and gave it away. The Williams and the Skinner just don't adjust easy or as precise as the micro click sights. They are definitely not target grade sights.
0 x