Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Got My Skinner Sights

Whiskeyshooter
Tenderfoot

Re: Got My Skinner Sights

Post by Whiskeyshooter » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:25 pm

I have my Henry coming tomorrow. Already ordered the Skinner but have some questions about placement etc. Hope you can post your results and review after receiving them.
Last edited by Whiskeyshooter on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Whiskeyshooter
Tenderfoot

Post by Whiskeyshooter » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:17 pm

Went ahead an ordered a set for My New Frontier. I found the website someone confusing for which one to order as far as best placement on the rifle. Went ahead and ordered the one advertised for the Frontier. It appears from the pics that this one is placed a forward of the receiver. It is hard to tell if one placed closer to the eye, is too close. It really is a bit of ambiguity. I believe I also saw a set that you could use with a scope as well. Oh, well, will will see.
0 x

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Whiskeyshooter, you should be able to mount a scope but you might need to get taller rings.

I have a Skinner dovetail mount on my Frontier and can't put the scope on because the stock rings are about 1/4" too low. I need to get a taller set of rings and then I could mount the scope.
0 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:35 pm

If you scope the rifle take the iron sights off. Scopes mounted as low as possible are usually better for most people.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater