Share something with us about your favorite Henry model

Amazon Hub

Share the good stuff with all of us. Leave the bad out. Let others know what good things you found.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Amazon Hub

Post by JEBar » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:57 am

earlier today we drove over to Columbus, TX and picked up an order at one of Amazon's Hubs .... this one is the Health Mart Pharmacy/Columbus Pharmacy .... its conveniently located across the road for Walmart and HEB .... the pickup went off without the slightest hitch .... the more we use this new Hub system, the better we like it
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:09 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:38 pm
Nice to know Jim. So do they rent those lockers or do they just have a drop off there and you go in and show youre ID like you do when you order online at Wally Mart
apparently they have both .... the lockers are placed where they need them and customers have access to them, something like a PO box .... their Hubs are regular businesses where you can order on line and later go to pick up your package
0 x

TMB
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TMB » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:18 am

I searched for a locker near me. There only seems to be one located in Gastonia. There is one about 2 miles away. I noticed they have cute names like oatmeal, sute, and elf for the locations. Most, including the one in Gastonia, are located at locations I wouldn't go to.
0 x
Henry H004ES Golden Boy Eagle Scout Tribute
Henry H004 Golden Boy .22 cal
Henry H006C Big Boy Classic .45 Colt

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong.” ... John Gierach

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:53 am

UPDATE :

as noted earlier in this thread, while we are traveling (mostly in Texas) the campgrounds we frequent charge $5 a package to receive packages .... being cheap, I try to find a way to receive them (mostly from Amazon) at no charge .... Amazon has 2 different free delivery option .... they call one a Hub Counter and the other a Hub Locker .... to date we have only used their Hub Counters .... these locations are in various types of businesses .... you simply go in and give them your order info and a clerk will bring you your package .... where we are camped on Lake Conroe there is only 1 close Hub Counter .... that being in a GNC store in Willis, TX .... having things shipped there has worked well for us in the past but this year they have been full and not accepting any more packages since we arrived almost 3 weeks ago .... there is a Hub Locker much closer to our campground and we just placed an order that should arrive there tomorrow .... looking forward to seeing how smoothly this goes
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:33 am

No charge here for packages we have been getting some while we are here. It has worked out very well
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:23 pm

last Thursday we picked up our order mentioned above from an Amazon Hub Locker .... the only (momentary) concern came from the fact that the scanner/keyboard area of the locker was different than the ones shown on any instructions .... we printed out the email notice and all that ended up being required was to hold the barcode in front of a scanner .... after a couple of moments one of the locker doors popped open .... in short, a very simple process .... our next order should arrive there on Tuesday
0 x