Share something with us about your favorite Henry model

RV-Co RV Steps & Decks

Share the good stuff with all of us. Leave the bad out. Let others know what good things you found.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

RV-Co RV Steps & Decks

Post by JEBar » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:19 pm

back in January of 2014 I met Gary Holly, designer and manufacture of RV-Co RV Steps & Decks ====> http://rv-co.com/index.html .... after looking at his product we ordered one of his Decks that came with a set of his steps that could be used with the deck or as a stand alone set of steps .... ours have been heavily used since they were delivered on April 7, 2014 .... in May of 2019 an aluminum weld holding one side of the main brace failed and I had it repaired .... a few days ago, just prior to leaving south Dakota the aluminum weld failed for the second time .... a few hours ago, after a long drive, we setup in KC .... when I put the steps in place, they didn't look right .... I was able to go up and down them but I was quickly convinced that they simply weren't right .... we took them down and tied them down for the rest of our drive home on the bed of our truck .... after doing so I called Gary Holly .... I wanted to know if he could ship us replacement parts; if not, what would be the cost of a replacement set of steps .... he told me that ours couldn't be repaired by rewelding because each time the metal is heated to a welding temp, it is weakened and will never be as strong as the original weld .... that seemed to have been clearly proven by the efforts to repair ours .... he went on to say he'd redesigned the area of the steps where the break took place and today, hasn't had any problems with them .... he said later this week or early next week he'd build a replacement set (complete with all upgrades) and ship them to our home in NC at no cost .... pictures below show ours, the broken and repaired weld .... both the steps and deck have become highly valued pieces of our camping equipment .... the are rock solid and provide us with a very stable platform .... its sure nice to deal with a company that truly stands by its product and I do recommend them without reservation
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: RV-Co RV Steps & Decks

Post by PT7 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:55 am

Sounds like that is a well-deserved recommendation.
Getting an upgrade and free replacement from this company is much like what HRA CS does!

What will you do with the original set up now? Have any type of use for it?
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:14 am

don't really have any use for them .... as stand alone steps, they could be dangerous to use .... as scrap, aluminum is all but worthless .... I'll probably put them aside and if a need for some of the aluminum should arise, I can cut them as needed
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:50 pm

just received a UPS tracking number .... the replacement steps have been built and are on their way ... 8-)
2 x