Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hour of the Gun

Share the good stuff with all of us. Leave the bad out. Let others know what good things you found.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Hour of the Gun

Post by PT7 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:34 am

“Hour of the Gun” -- a very good Western.
I would have liked to post this under the thread, Henry “movie moments,” but there weren’t any Henrys in this movie I watched last evening, which I had not seen before. I really enjoyed this Western. It is the sequel to John Sturges’ classic “Gunfight at the O.K. Corral,” and is also a Sturges movie, “Hour of the Gun.” James Garner and Jason Robards are the legendary characters Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday.

Brief synopsis of the O.K. Corral event is quite familiar.
Marshal Wyatt Earp kills a couple of men of the Clanton-gang in this fight. In revenge Clanton's thugs kill the marshal's brother. Wyatt Earp starts to chase the killers together with his friend Doc Holliday. Historically, the film takes place from October 26, 1881 to April 15, 1882.

The Firearms
I’m posting here because I found a most interesting web site called the Internet Movie Firearms Database: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Hour_of_the_Gun

As an example. Here are the guns, which were used in “Hour of the Gun.”
Single Action Army
~Cavalry Model (7.5" barrel)
~Artillery Model (5.5" barrel)

Double Barreled Shotgun

Winchester Model 1873

An unknown rifle

Still Shots
The link I’ve posted takes you to the review of this very good movie, and there are some great still shots from the movie of these firearms-in-action. My favorite “moments” of the movie were Holliday using the shotgun at the O.K. Corral, and the mostly revolver shootout with the Clanton gang in Mexico. Thought some Henry Folk might like to look at this web site.
1 x

~Пока~

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Hour of the Gun

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Thanks much, and thanks for that link, looks like a great western. I believe that I have seen it advertised on one of the channels that I can get but I never got to watch it. I shall watch for it and also try to see when and if I can get it "On Demand" with my Xfinity provider.
0 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: Hour of the Gun

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:56 pm

That is an awesome western, I have seen it several times. Thanks for the info.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully