Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A great site for fishing.

Share the good stuff with all of us. Leave the bad out. Let others know what good things you found.
Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

A great site for fishing.

Post by Squatch » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:46 pm

I belong to another site that like this one was resurrected after the original owner let it die. Like here it is a great tight community. It is also like many other small forums looking for a way to stay relevant and grow in the word of FB,Twitter,ect.

If you like river fishing or fishing for Smallmouth this is THE place.
http://www.riversmallies.com/forum/show ... post118919
1 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: A great site for fishing.

Post by daytime dave » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:28 pm

Squatch, that looks like a great site. A question. Do they mind if you eat the smallies? I enjoy them.

P.S. Henry doesn't sponsor us, they are affiliated with us through Dan from Henry. I wanted to make sure they would be friendly to the site before I started it. Henry supplied our logo and a few other web related items. Sir Henry and I are paying the bills and Andy Larson of Skinner sights has pledged to be a sponsor. I think being friends with Henry is ok, but Sir Henry and I own the site and will always own it. I just wanted to clarify that.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:11 pm

Thanks I will correct that comment over there. Done!

Technically it is a CPR site. Catch Photo Release. Much of that has to do with the smallie life cycle. In our river systems it takes many years to grow a trophy sized smallie. And those fish tend to be the breeding females. Not like a southern large mouth where they can grow huge in warm water in a couple of years. But that being said. As long as you are legal most won't fuss with you much. Just eat the middle sized one not the trophy's.

Our local waters have a huge amount of fishing pressure. That also contributes to the CPR attitude.

Personally I much prefer pan fish to bass for eating. I normally only keep stuff I intend to eat that or the next day fresh. Not big on stuffing the freezer. But there is nothing like some well prepared big sunfish or crappies cooked over a fire on a river or lake bank!
1 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:58 pm

I'm with you on all of it. I love the pan fish, perch, walleye, trout and bass. If I keep it, I will eat it. I have a set up to clean them outside and then later, a table top basket deep fryer to deep fry them that evening. Some fries and it's a nice meal.

I usually photograph and release too. But if I'm planning to eat a few, that's different. I don't eat trophies either. I release them back for someone else to enjoy too.
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:13 am

Smallie, love the ranks you guys have over there.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater