Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's with this?

What's happening on or with the forum
Travlin
Cowboy

What's with this?

Post by Travlin » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:25 am

The last few times that I have logged in I get " this connection is not secure". So what is going on? I am using the same I Mac that I have always used and Firefox.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: What's with this?

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:32 am

The forum has never been a "secured" site. That warning appears in the address bar for me on Chrome, as well. Dave does have a security certificate, but it is difficult to install and he hasn't been able to get it done, yet. It doesn't actually matter, though. We don't use Credit Cards or request information that can be compromised.
Travlin wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:25 am
The last few times that I have logged in I get " this connection is not secure". So what is going on? I am using the same I Mac that I have always used and Firefox.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

wingnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by wingnut » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:26 am

Its the difference bwtn "https://" and "http://" , note no "s" in your site addy. "https" is a little more secure and harder to trace/hack. Correct your link and the warning should go away.
0 x
You're born & you die. In between you get to shoot a bunch guns. Kind of sums up life to me. - Colorado Bob

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:33 pm

I recently spoke with Dave about this .... he says the site is secure and has been for a while .... the reason its not showing it is, he hasn't gotten around to having someone and go into the forum software to push the right buttons needed to make the difference on screen
1 x

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ChefDuane » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:50 am

What!? Not a secure site on the interwebz?? How can that be's? What about my social securitee number and bank info that I posted?? :)
0 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:49 pm

Better un post it Chef. I won't need it anymore. lol

I was about to ask someone at work who is very familiar with our format to help out when Covid hit. Oh, well, I can wait it out. No one asks for money here anyway. If they do, turn them over to our Marshals. They will have to do some explaining.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:45 am

Last night and just a few minutes ago I logged on the way I always have and I had to do it four times for it to work. Of course I still get the not a secure"sight" but I ignore it.
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:31 am

Travlin wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:45 am
Last night and just a few minutes ago I logged on the way I always have and I had to do it four times for it to work. Of course I still get the not a secure"sight" but I ignore it.
Same here Travlin.
As Dave said though; we don't share any vital information.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:10 am

You guys don't seem to get it. The main point that I was trying to make was that it took me four tries to log in doing what I have always done. Tonight it took me three tries.
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:38 am

It's not on our end. Everything is running fine here. I just got out of the back room. Besides needing an upgrade to the next level of software, a tweek to show the security certificate is there and that darn little symbol, all is running smooth here. I get on just fine. It could be your provider or something else between our host and your computer.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member