Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Forum handles?

What's happening on or with the forum
Koyote
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Forum handles?

Post by Koyote » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:25 am

Koyote - While trying to extract my arm from under my gf one early morn, she woke up, turned to me and asked me what I was trying to do.
Quickly responsive, I automatically said, "Mornin' Coyote Ugly" (Long before the movie)...She burst out laughing and asked me why I called her that.
I told her about a coyote who got caught in a steel trap and had to gnaw it's leg off to escape the trap. It was then known as "Coyote Ugly". I told her I just thought about her the same way, "Coyote Ugly". She laughed again as she was absolutely gorgeous and really out of my league.
I guess she liked the name so much she tried to get a license plate that said, 'COYOTE', but it was already taken, but she did manage to get the name 'KOYOTE' instead for the plate on her car. When she passed, I just started using the KOYOTE name for some of my writings, signing it to some of my artwork and of course using it here.
Lots of interesting stories behind the handles here...
3 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:13 am

Kissmybrass wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:35 pm
This is my first and only forum ever.

Real name is Darin, named after the guy on Bewitched.

Funny thing, walking thru Wallyworld with my daughter and family, up to visit from VA first of the month, and they wanted a few things. We usually avoid the place, but if I have to go... :roll: ... I check out the movies and TV.

Bewitched, all eight seasons, $25. In the cart. Season One, thirty six episodes. I have already seen Adam West, Arte Johnson, Raquel Welch, and Paul Lynde in guest rolls. Thirty Six episodes in one season... What do we get now? Between fifteen and twenty then reruns? :D
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Kissmybrass
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Kissmybrass » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:24 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:13 am
Kissmybrass wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:35 pm
This is my first and only forum ever.

Real name is Darin, named after the guy on Bewitched.

Funny thing, walking thru Wallyworld with my daughter and family, up to visit from VA first of the month, and they wanted a few things. We usually avoid the place, but if I have to go... :roll: ... I check out the movies and TV.

Bewitched, all eight seasons, $25. In the cart. Season One, thirty six episodes. I have already seen Adam West, Arte Johnson, Raquel Welch, and Paul Lynde in guest rolls. Thirty Six episodes in one season... What do we get now? Between fifteen and twenty then reruns? :D
That is awesome!!!! hahaha
0 x
H010G 45-70
H006M Big Boy Classic .357
Sig 320 XCompact
S&W 686 Plus 5"
Rem 870 Tac

NotaVegetarian
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by NotaVegetarian » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:41 pm

Received my name in the old Native American way of naming their people. Vegetarian in Native American language means “bad hunter”

NotaVegetarian means mighty hunter who does not eat chicken

Hope you laughed
5 x
Remember there is no such thing as too much gun, it’s perfectly acceptable to smash a fly with a sledgehammer! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:55 pm

:lol: :lol: Good one, but, but,
what's wrong with eatin chicken :?:

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Mr. Neutron
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mr. Neutron » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:01 am

My last name is Newton. In the mid ‘70s my motocross racing buddies tagged me with “Mr. Neutron”, a character played by Graham Chapman in Monte Python’ s Flying Circus.

If I can find a decent picture of him, I may need to change my avatar, I guess……..

In EDIT: Could’ve registered as “Jimmy Neutron”, I suppose …… But my first name is spelled with an “ie” on the end……

And here's the Real Mr. Neutron:
IMG_0412.JPG
IMG_0412.JPG (41.93 KiB) Viewed 1850 times

I couldn't size him down enough for an avatar photo. I somehow couldn't find my Far Side "Ole Hank never really was a "Quick Draw" cartoon I'd been using for an avatar. That was used because at one time, I actually was the fastest draw in the local Action Pistol and Speed Steel Plate matches I used to run and shoot. That was many moons ago, however........
Last edited by Mr. Neutron on Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 x
Jimmie

An Okie living in Oregon

H009G
H004
H009BG
"Never miss a good chance to shut up." Will Rogers
"It's better to eat yer fruit before ya shoot it." youtuber WHO_TEE_WHO

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:17 am

Mr. Neutron wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:01 am
My last name is Newton. In the mid ‘70s my motocross racing buddies tagged me with “Mr. Neutron”, a character played by Graham Chapman in Monte Python’ s Flying Circus.

If I can find a decent picture of him, I may need to change my avatar, I guess……..

In EDIT: Could’ve registered as “Jimmy Neutron”, I suppose …… But my first name is spelled with an “ie” on the end……
First thing I thought of was this fella.😆😉
Screenshot_20221206-101122_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20221206-101122_Google.jpg (71.84 KiB) Viewed 1862 times
The grandkids liked him.

RP
2 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Mr. Neutron
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mr. Neutron » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:30 am

Hee hee, yeah, my kids liked him too, back when they were little...... I kinda liked the dog, Goddard......
1 x
Jimmie

An Okie living in Oregon

H009G
H004
H009BG
"Never miss a good chance to shut up." Will Rogers
"It's better to eat yer fruit before ya shoot it." youtuber WHO_TEE_WHO

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:17 am

Mine, you might think had something to do with gun magazines. Nope. Name of my dog, a golden retriever. Long since gone to doggie heaven.

For fun check out these older posts.
https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... vatar#p402
3 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

BMCTED
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by BMCTED » Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:14 pm

I served in 2 branches of the military. I enlisted in the US Army in 1970 and got out in 76 as a SGT E-5. I worked in various training commands.

Years later, when the Twin Towers came down on 9/11, I was just about to turn 50. I watched those towers go up from my back porch when I was young and being from Nfreakin'J, I know people who died that day including a next-door neighbor, Todd Beamer. Almost everybody who died in the Towers that day was from NJ ... and we were all so angry about the whole damn thing you could have lit a freakin' cigar by just touching it against one of us. So I just had to do ... something to get back at the baxters.

Like I said, I was just turning 50. I went to all the recruiters to see if I could get into a reserve outfit ... but nobody wanted an old guy. Then I found that the NJ National Guard had a Naval component ... the New Jersey Naval Militia and they were taking old guys. It turns out that the NJNM was the first military organization to show up at Ground Zero that day. With their little fleet of patrol craft they ran "water taxi" service from NJ to NYC. I got sworn in a month later on my 50th birthday.

Because I have some useful skills, I was enlisted as an E-7 Chief Petty Officer. BMC is my rank and my rate ... Boatswain's Mate, Chief. They swore I'd never go on active duty, but, of course, they lied. I ended up running a shop doing re-fit and refurb on small craft at the Philly Navy Yard for a while. My crew was a mix of AD, USNR and NJNG types ... and they were ALL outstanding.

I gave them 3 years and got out. I like to think I did a job that freed up a younger Chief to go forward and maybe kick some yazz for me.
6 x