Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Lets see some B&W done with film.

Sir Henry and I love photography. Share your photography with us all.
Nam Vet
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Lets see some B&W done with film.

Post by Nam Vet » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:12 pm

A few more of what I call my senior class trip in 1968.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
Semper Paratus

Happily married
DAV
MOPH
VVA
NRA
1st Inf. Div 1/16 Iron Rangers Mech Recon Plt.1968-69.

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:19 pm

Yes, keep posting them.

I should dig out my B&W negatives from the '70s and get them digitized.
0 x

Nam Vet
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Nam Vet » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:44 pm

Dave, I saved every negative B&W & color and slide I ever took 1000's of them. Bought a inexpensive Negative & Slide Scanner then scanned them on to a SD card then on to my pc. Took me months but was well worth the time. Kodachrome comes back to life!

Dig out all your negatives B&W & color It's a labor of love.
0 x
Semper Paratus

Happily married
DAV
MOPH
VVA
NRA

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:14 pm

Nam Vet wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:46 pm
Hatchdog, thanks just did not to overstay my welcome.
Hey, this is an internet forum. I thought it was mandatory to overstay your welcome.
2 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:23 pm

Just to help keep things going along, how about we talk about how we got into B&W, or photography in general? If the OP would prefer this in a separate thread, I'll delete this and start one, but I think it would be a nice addition to this one.

I'll start. My dad was into photography and had a darkroom in the shop at the house where I grew up. I sometimes would go out and watch him developing film and prints. When I was college age, I thought it would be great to start taking pictures. My dad gave me a hand me down Argus C4 and a small handheld light meter. I got hooked. When I got married a few years later, I saved up and picked up a used Practica screw mount camera, and later a used Durst enlarger. Photography was a common interest that helped draw my dad and I closer together. I am grateful for that. It also seems to be working well for my daughter and I, although the darkroom work is long behind me, and we have several other common interests. I think the Pup is the best photographer of us all. She's a little short in the mechanics, but long in the eye for it.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Nam Vet
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Nam Vet » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:47 pm

It's a great idea and story. But 1 question who is the Pup?
Last edited by Nam Vet on Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Semper Paratus

Happily married
DAV
MOPH
VVA
NRA

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:24 am

Since I am Clovishound, Clovispup is my daughter. I thought about extending the nomenclature to my wife, but fear she would balk at the particular name that would come with it. :roll:
1 x

Nam Vet
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Nam Vet » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:09 pm

Don't know what sparked my interest in photography. No one in my family had any interest in it. Woke up one morning and decided to take pictures.Not knowing anything about cameras I went out and bought a Polaroid and a and few packs of film. The thrill of taking a photo and see it immediately was great.That was in late 67.Then the big change came in 68 got drafted sent to Never Never Land. My parents sent my Polaroid but that didn't last very long so I bought a Nikon. Until then I never realized the impact a picture could have. All my photos were in color but that's not the way I seen it. Got home and transferred them all to B&W.Although a beautiful country the war I was in was B&W. Funny but it took a war to realize. my love of photography the impact one picture could have.

I still take pictures in color when I think it's warranted. Mostly took photos of people but these days everyone is paranoid. So now I concentrate on doorways and alleyways or if I can sneak a photo of a interesting looking person. Well I think that's enough ramblings of this old guy for tonight.
Looking forward to reading about others and how they got interest in photography.
0 x
Semper Paratus

Happily married
DAV
MOPH
VVA
NRA

Nam Vet
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Nam Vet » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:09 pm

Bye
0 x
Semper Paratus

Happily married
DAV
MOPH
VVA
NRA

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:56 pm

Nam Vet, you can keep 'em coming as far as I'm concerned. I think they're awesome. Keep sending.
1 x