Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I must have it bad.

Sir Henry and I love photography. Share your photography with us all.
clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Re: I must have it bad.

Post by clovishound » Thu May 09, 2024 12:16 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:50 pm
Amazing. The clarity of your photos is better than shots I see in magazines.
Well, it's apples and oranges. Printed magazines have only a fraction of the original resolution. Also, digital images on a backlit screen generally have a far superior look to printed images. I'm often disappointed with a print made on a high quality photo printer compared to what I see on the screen for the same images.

Also, keep in mind that the images posted here are much less detailed than the full sized files. The files I post are often less than a MB, sometimes a lot less. The full sized images from my new camera are 54 MB. Albeit, they are not compressed like the JPGs that are commonly posted.

Bottom line is that these days it's hard to compare the resolution of different images portrayed on different mediums.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Re: I must have it bad.

Post by clovishound » Thu May 09, 2024 4:23 pm

Well, I made it out for a full test run of the new camera this morning. Magnolia again. Very cloudy early in the morning and light levels were low causing problems with high ISOs and therefore noisy (grainy) images and forced to use slower shutter speeds than I wanted. It will take a little time to get used to the new autofocus modes available. Didn't get any usable bird in flight pictures. Man this thing produces big files. That slowed down editing. Definitely impressed with the resolution of the images.

Here's a few I've edited so far.

DSC_0183-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen-2.jpg

And this one is titled "Tower, this is Victor373, be advised there is a gator on the runway!" (Hard to see in the small images that post, but there are two dragonflies above and behind the gator that look like little helicopters.) And this one needs to be opened in a new tab. This forum can't handle wide images, so it scrunches them down.

DSC_0414-2.jpg

Not sure about this one. There is something I really want to like about it, but not sure it really makes it. I does have that Cartier Bresson feel to it. Not sure that is a good thing.

DSC_0490-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen.jpg
DSC_0463-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya