This evenings hunt

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: This evenings hunt

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:17 pm

Cofisher wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:25 am
Good looking site. Obviously you take care of it. Nice to have the abundance of wildlife.
Don't want any one here to think this property is mine. Belongs to a friend that has given me lifetime hunting rights to it and the rest of his place. I wish I had a place like this but never had a good job so that was out of the reach for me to own anything better than what I am fortunate to have right now. I never made more than $10/hour at jobs that I had in our area. If it wasn't for my wife I would have very little. The wages I made won't buy land especially to be a place just for hunting. I do take care of keeping things up by keeping brush cut along the road in and keeping the tower free of leaves and bee nests. The porcupine damaged roof will need worked on soon. The shooting lanes are more than I can handle by myself so who knows how long they will be there since the previous owner/friend passed away. At 70 now I don't need to add more abuse to my body taking on things to big for me to handle.
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:12 pm

Just keep on keep`n on bandit! Good for you, sounds like you're doing more than I will be at 70. Kudos to Ya!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:14 pm

Like you, I never made much money. But, I have been blessed with friends. I will be hunting private land with my son, who, like his dad, has made friends.

Our site suffered from last springs floods, but will still produce deer. Not as pretty as yours, but will do. Good luck to you.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:23 pm

I used to make pretty good money, but today, I`m no better or worse off than if I had not. In my case, poor planning. The more I made, the more I spent. I`m happy though and have no debt other than my mortgage. Have places to hunt as well, If I choose.
Life is good! :)
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:41 pm

Similar here.
markiver54 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:23 pm
I used to make pretty good money, but today, I`m no better or worse off than if I had not. In my case, poor planning. The more I made, the more I spent. I`m happy though and have no debt other than my mortgage. Have places to hunt as well, If I choose.
Life is good! :)
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:09 pm

How much one makes dont matter. Its if you are happy and live within your means. I only owe a small amount on my house and I have enough toys and ammo to carry me thru my ending days. But the one thing I have is a great wife who takes good care of me and the home I live in. Ya life is really good here.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55