Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

trip for predators

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

trip for predators

Post by bandit1250 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:51 pm

Went out this morning to make a few calls for a fox. I never had any come in so I went to the edge of the creek where there is some big old trees that may have holes in them and called for raccoons. I need to go up to the lake that feeds this creek and find some bigger older timber where I will maybe find better den trees. Did anyone ever watch videos on you tube about day light coon hunting? They are hunting in the mid west where there is old cotton wood trees full of holes with some places bordering corn fields. Some of the ones they shot looked like they needed at least a 22 mag to bring them down better. I may cut the load back more and use the Sako 222. :o A couple guys on the one video got 26 in one day. I don't know what hides bring now but they probably made some money that day. If I get a chance after deer season I want to get out and try the coon hunting in the daytime. I may order the fox pro call with the different calls for all kinds of predators and fur bearer. That will keep me in the woods away from people. My kind of social distancing. ;) :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN81qAIGbwE
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: trip for predators

Post by JEBar » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:59 pm

bandit1250 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:51 pm
That will keep me in the woods away from people. My kind of social distancing. ;) :D
amen brother .. 8-)
2 x