Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Winds of Adak - 1hr movie

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Winds of Adak - 1hr movie

Post by GunnyGene » Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:29 pm

This starts out with a solo caribou hunt, then goes to duck hunting, back to caribou, then finishes up with more birds. I ran across this on the Benelli site, and since I'd spent 2 years on the island in the late 50's with Dad, Mom, and little brother, I had to watch it. Filmed in summer fall of 2020. The Navy left quite a few years ago and the town has just about been totally abandoned.

Thought y'all might enjoy my little trip down memory lane. ;)

https://www.benelliusa.com/windsofadak
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Winds of Adak - 1hr movie

Post by daytime dave » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:14 am

That was not what I expected. What a well made little movie. Thank you.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Re: Winds of Adak - 1hr movie

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:20 pm

daytime dave wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:14 am
That was not what I expected. What a well made little movie. Thank you.
Glad you enjoyed it. I still recall some of what the island was like. Back then it was ringed with bunkers left over from WWII, which were a favorite thing to explore as a kid (against our parents wishes of course, but hey we were kids). No caribou then, but the salmon runs were really impressive. Didn't need anything but your hand to grab one out of one of the small streams for supper. I also remember our 7th grade biology teacher bringing a fur seal he'd caught in to class one day to demonstrate how to dissect one. We only had about a dozen school age kids on the island so it was pretty much a one room school house, all Navy and Marine brats. My little sister was born there. Did have a indoor rimfire/pistol range, which I frequented. One of the Marines stationed there was an NRA instructor who ran it, and was where I got my first shooting badges. :D

Still have them:

0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.