Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

It's over

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

It's over

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:24 am

At 5:18 PM EST counting the 12 minutes we add for how far west we are in the state the 2020 deer season is history for rifle season. By 5:20 I was doing the happy dance and some back flips ;) :lol: knowing the woods will be very light with hunters now. Just kidding on the back flips. If I tried that I would miss the rest of hunting season being hospitalized for broken bones and severe strains. Now we look to be headed for some snow fall this week coming. That is when I like to be out looking for varmints and rabbits. They show up well on the snow and also find active spots to pay attention to.
I have decided on the Icotec Gen2 GC500 predator call and get the electronic decoy added to it when I order today or tomorrow. Contains 200 different calls for varmints and crows and different fur bearers. I hunt alone and now I will have a nice call and not have to depend on no one else to go. Even my friends won't hunt with me any way so I should have bought the call years ago. I have a decent hand held electronic model but these new ones with the remote lets you get the call farther away from your position and the active decoy works with the remote also. I watched videos yesterday with the FoxPro call the remote worked at a 100 yds just as FoxPro claims it will. The Icotec worked with the remote at 300 yds just as Icotec claims it will. The Icotec with the features it has seems to be the better unit for the money. Both are made in the USA which is a plus for me. If it was China made I wouldn't consider it. Second choice would be the FoxPro made here in Pa. Hoping to get used to using it and maybe warm the barrel a few times this winter on the 222 Sako and the Savage 220 Swift. Wish me luck I will need it with these educated critters we have here. Take care and enjoy the rest of the week end.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: It's over

Post by JEBar » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:31 am

bandit1250 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:24 am
By 5:20 I was doing the happy dance and some back flips ;) :lol: knowing the woods will be very light with hunters now. Just kidding on the back flips. If I tried that I would miss the rest of hunting season being hospitalized for broken bones and severe strains.
Dang it .... I was looking forward to watching a video of the back flips :(
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:34 am

bandit1250 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:24 am
I have decided on the Icotec Gen2 GC500 predator call and get the electronic decoy added to it when I order today or tomorrow.
I'm really looking forward to your use impressions .... I've never so much as looked at such a call in a box so I know nothing whatsoever about them
0 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:45 am

Rabbit season?

Around here it's still duck season.

Hunting rabbits would just be Daffy.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya