Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Great 2020 MN firearm deer season!

Pudsky
Cowhand
United States of America

Great 2020 MN firearm deer season!

Post by Pudsky » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:39 pm

I was finally able to put it together this year. This is a public land buck I was fortunate to have stumble by my stand. Big, far northern MN woods.
The Long Ranger 308 performed well enough. Hit some brush or a branch with the bullet, and there were 3 small entry wounds on the hind end I found so far. No, that is not where I was aiming. I finally found the deer the next day and he was 320 yards from the stand. No blood trail, just sweep searching a very large woods, and got lucky. My first big buck and I am very happy with it. Old deer, I am guessing 6 or 7 years old, I will have taxidermist verify that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Great 2020 MN firearm deer season!

Post by JEBar » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:07 pm

congratulations indeed .... tip of my cap for sticking with it and finding that buck .... even trough brush, your Long Ranger took care of business
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:23 am

Those Minnesota white tails are impressive. Love the picture with all the leaves on the ground. Very different from our piney woods out here in the inland Northwest. He sure has a swollen neck, you definitely interrupted his love life. :lol: Congratulations on a nice buck and as JEBar said nice job sticking with locating him. Some snow sure would have helped with that, all those leaves, not so much! :shock:
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:16 am

Another pat on the back from me for sticking it out and doing what it takes to recover that deer. Well done. That is a nice buck, too.
0 x