Blind

Johnnyjr
Cowhand
United States of America

Blind

Post by Johnnyjr » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:42 pm

IMG_20210921_091425.jpg
my ground blind did it yesterday
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

Johnnyjr
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Blind

Post by Johnnyjr » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:45 pm

Any ideas for a roof? Thinking about a camo tarp . Make a ridge pole and go from there..make from pallets..
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:46 pm

Never cared for a ground blind personally. I made a couple of box blinds about 10 feet of the ground. I got deer from them but also got deer from my ladder stands. I used tin roofing material for the roofs. They make it out of a polycarbonate also that's green.
Jake
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:55 pm

I haven't hunted from a ground blind since my boys wanted to go but were too young to be on their own .... we never had one that was anywhere near as well camouflaged .... I have seen a few commercial ones out west that are outstanding .... looking forward to seeing your finished blind and to reading your hunting reports
0 x

one3
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by one3 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:49 pm

Looks good. I had to start useing ground blinds when I got older. My balance was not good enough to be off the ground. For a roof you may want some kind of cloth. Look at second hand stores, for your matteral. Old curtans, bed sheets, ect. You can die them, if needed. Put it up at a angle, so rain will run off. Plastic will make to much noise. Keep up the good work, and good luck.
0 x

The Happy Kaboomer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by The Happy Kaboomer » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:15 pm

pop up "hub" blinds cover all the bases. All have roofs. Shoot through mesh windows and some have floors. All you have to add is a chair. I have killed a lot of Turkeys out of style blind. Some even in the rain where you are sitting warm and dry. Tip Tie it off or stake it to the ground or the wind might blow it away when you're not in it.
0 x