Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Water tanks

Greyhawk
Cowhand
United States of America

Water tanks

Post by Greyhawk » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:44 pm

It has been a very dry summer here this year and so I decided to put a couple of water tanks on my 40. There is not much water within a couple of miles of my place and man have I been getting a lot of action. I bought 2- 100 gallon Rubbermaid animal troughs and buried them about a 1/5 of a mile apart, each under a bow stand. The front tank is being dominated by a bear and two cubs, turkeys, a half dozen deer, and coons. The back tank is more secluded and pretty much dominated by about 25 different deer, including 5 different bucks. At first mice were always falling in and dying so I put a log in each to climb out on. (problem solved). here are two bucks from the other day. Hope everyone is having a great summer!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Water tanks

Post by markiver54 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:52 pm

That is awesome GH! Looks like those two are about to shed those antlers.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

MuddyWaters62
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Water tanks

Post by MuddyWaters62 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:30 pm

No Mark. Those fine bucks are in velvet. Their antlers are still growing in size and mass. Biologists say that the antlers grow at faster rate as a fast growing cancer grows. Deer shed their antlers in January and February. Can you imagine growing and losing about 10-12 lbs of calcium and other minerals in just 6 months? Totally Awesome!!!!

Muddy Waters 67
2 x