Getting Email Notifications From The Henry Rifle Fourms

If you can give it, or need it, post here
VNV1967
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Getting Email Notifications From The Henry Rifle Fourms

Post by VNV1967 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:44 am

Hi,
I'm a Newbe and was wondering how to turn on email Notification of a reply to a post I might make? I searched thru the Control panel but could not find that area. Or.....Maybe I missed something? Any how I would be grateful if someone could help me out here.

Thanks: Mark....I'll check back here to see If their is a reply since I have no email response.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Getting Email Notifications From The Henry Rifle Fourms

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:35 am

VNV1967 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:44 am
Hi,
I'm a Newbe and was wondering how to turn on email Notification of a reply to a post I might make? I searched thru the Control panel but could not find that area. Or.....Maybe I missed something? Any how I would be grateful if someone could help me out here.

Thanks: Mark....I'll check back here to see If their is a reply since I have no email response.
Glad to help, VNV. I think this will work for topics you have replied to (watched topics), even though it refers to "topics to which you are subscribed".
  • In the upper right hand corner of the forum pages is your username beside a down arrow icon.
  • Click that icon.
  • Select User Control Panel
  • Select Board Preferences
  • Select Edit Notifications Options
  • Check the Email Box for "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed"
  • Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
Done.

Let us know if this works (I don't actually get email notifications, so it might not).

You may also have to Subscribe to topics under Overview/Manage Subscriptions in the User Control Panel by checking the Mark Box.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

VNV1967
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Getting Email Notifications From The Henry Rifle Fourms

Post by VNV1967 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:15 am

CT_Shooter wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:35 am
VNV1967 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:44 am
Hi,

Glad to help, VNV. I think this will work for topics you have replied to (watched topics), even though it refers to "topics to which you are subscribed".
  • In the upper right hand corner of the forum pages is your username beside a down arrow icon.
  • Click that icon.
  • Select User Control Panel
  • Select Board Preferences
  • Select Edit Notifications Options
  • Check the Email Box for "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed"
  • Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
Done.

Let us know if this works (I don't actually get email notifications, so it might not).

You may also have to Subscribe to topics under Overview/Manage Subscriptions in the User Control Panel by checking the Mark Box.

Thanks CT_Shooter,

Went in and did as you said.. Will see what happens. Kind of an involved thang..L.O.L. :mrgreen:
0 x