Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

new printer with free ink

If you can give it, or need it, post here
dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

new printer with free ink

Post by dave77 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:36 pm

I do very little printing, a ream of paper will last me a very long time. I've had several printers over the years and it seems that the ink must evaporate because the ink tanks are usually empty within a year. Even getting the tanks filled at Costco costs almost $40.

Was at Office Depot and mentioned it to a sales guy and he showed me a new printer, a HP Office Jet 5255. Pretty bare bones printer but only cost $69. HP has a program called HP Instant Ink, multi tiered but if I don't print more than 15 pages a month ink refills are free. Costs a buck per 10 pages if I go over which would not happen very often. It's WiFi and they recommend just leaving it on all the time, it will automatically contact HP when it's getting low on ink and they will ship me new ink cartridges. The sales guy said I should get in the habit of printing at least one page a month.
1 x

TMB
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: new printer with free ink

Post by TMB » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:54 pm

I don't print much but I do need a printer several times a year. Laser toner doesn't dry up or go bad so I'm going to get an HP LaserJet with copier function.
0 x
Henry H004ES Golden Boy Eagle Scout Tribute
Henry H004 Golden Boy .22 cal
Henry H006C Big Boy Classic .45 Colt

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong.” ... John Gierach

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:51 pm

Same here. Except I went with a Brother laser printer. Got tired of dried up ink and plugged up nozzles on HP and Canon printers.
TMB wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:54 pm
I don't print much but I do need a printer several times a year. Laser toner doesn't dry up or go bad so I'm going to get an HP LaserJet with copier function.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:39 pm

I thought of getting a Laser printer but I sometimes want to print color and color Laser printers are more than I wanted to spend. Worst case, I'm out $69, new cartridges for my old printer would have been close to that. I guess the cartridges this printer comes with don't have much ink, HP has already sent me a new set but said to not change them until the printer tells me to, printed my tax returns and they looked fine and it is many times faster than my old Canon printer.
0 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:05 pm

Mags wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:51 pm
Same here. Except I went with a Brother laser printer. Got tired of dried up ink and plugged up nozzles on HP and Canon printers.
TMB wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:54 pm
Printer manufactures don't really make much money from selling you a printer as they do the ink. Well Ok they do make money from selling you a printer because you have to buy ink.

I also went with a black only Brother laser printer years ago. The ink doesn't dry and the cartridge when buying black only last forever. I can print probably 1000s of pages before replacing with a cartridge that may cost about the same as a dot matrix which wouldn't last half as long. Brrother was known for making some of the most cost effective printers at the time I purchased mine. Just don't get a color laser because your looking at big bucks for the color ink.

If ever I would need photos or something color I would arrange for something outside the home. Because for about $70 for a cartridge that can end up lasting me for over a year my printing costs have become significantly less.
0 x

TMB
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TMB » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:38 pm

i've been looking at a HP b & w laser. it has a copy feature which will come in handy. pictures can be printed from an sd card at most drug stores and office depot. ill probably only purchase a toner cartridge every other year or so.
0 x
Henry H004ES Golden Boy Eagle Scout Tribute
Henry H004 Golden Boy .22 cal
Henry H006C Big Boy Classic .45 Colt

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong.” ... John Gierach