Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My IP is identified as being a "SPAM" IP...

If you can give it, or need it, post here
6MT
Wrangler
Canada

My IP is identified as being a "SPAM" IP...

Post by 6MT » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:34 pm

On the weekend, I couldn't post anything on this forum. I kept getting a warning that my IP had been identified as a "SPAM" IP. There was a link to another site which explains why it had been identified as such.

Very strange. I post to numerous forums and have never been "censored" like this. What's up Doc?

I called my provider about this, and they had never heard of it either. In fact, the fellow on the help desk kind of laughed at me as if he didn't believe me.

Any ideas? I'd like to be able to post here at home (I'm at work right now). It was ok until this past weekend. Any help would be appreciated.
0 x
Andy 6MT

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: My IP is identified as being a "SPAM" IP...

Post by JEBar » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:20 pm

referring this to make sure our Forum Administration sees this thread

Jim
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:46 pm

You are not the first one that has reported this issue. Oddly, the one other member is also from Canada, though I have no idea why that would be relevant.

FYI, there are several databases that are used to track SPAM and are called Blacklists. Your IP is 216.185.240.6 is in the "blacklist" database located at dnsbl.spfbl.net with an explanation that it was banned because the IP is "Dynamic".

On this forum, I've just excluded 216.185.240.6 from being banned, but if it continues to be a problem, contact your ISP and ask them to help you with the instructions provided by the database site, dnsbl.spfbl.net.

Keep us posted.

6MT wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:34 pm
On the weekend, I couldn't post anything on this forum. I kept getting a warning that my IP had been identified as a "SPAM" IP. There was a link to another site which explains why it had been identified as such.

Very strange. I post to numerous forums and have never been "censored" like this. What's up Doc?

I called my provider about this, and they had never heard of it either. In fact, the fellow on the help desk kind of laughed at me as if he didn't believe me.

Any ideas? I'd like to be able to post here at home (I'm at work right now). It was ok until this past weekend. Any help would be appreciated.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

6MT
Wrangler
Canada

Post by 6MT » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:48 pm

Thank you. I will let you know if I have any more issues tonight when I get home.

Andy 6MT
0 x
Andy 6MT

6MT
Wrangler
Canada

Post by 6MT » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:54 am

CT_Shooter wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:46 pm
You are not the first one that has reported this issue. Oddly, the one other member is also from Canada, though I have no idea why that would be relevant.

FYI, there are several databases that are used to track SPAM and are called Blacklists. Your IP is 216.185.240.6 is in the "blacklist" database located at dnsbl.spfbl.net with an explanation that it was banned because the IP is "Dynamic".

On this forum, I've just excluded 216.185.240.6 from being banned, but if it continues to be a problem, contact your ISP and ask them to help you with the instructions provided by the database site, dnsbl.spfbl.net.

Keep us posted.

6MT wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:34 pm

Well...it still doesn't work at home. I think the ip you cleared yesterday is the one I'm on now...my work ip. I'm sorry, I should have gotten my ip from home for you. I will try and message you tonight when I get home. Although my suspicion is that it won't allow me to send a message from my home ip. If that's the case, I will copy my ip from home and message you tomorrow.

Andy 6MT
1 x
Andy 6MT