Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Direct TV Billing

If you can give it, or need it, post here
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Direct TV Billing

Post by JEBar » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:14 pm

as an FYI .... this morning we received an email from AT&T giving us notice of a pending withdrawal from our account .. :? .. considering that we don't have an account with AT&T, that came as a complete surprise .. :shock: .. my first thought was someone had stolen a credit card number and opened an account .... my wife was at our local AT&T office when it opened .... we knew that they had bought Direct TV but didn't know that AT&T is now handling the billing for Direct .... must say we were relieved that all's good .. :D
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Direct TV Billing

Post by markiver54 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Yes, AT&T has gotten way too big! All they want is our money. We have had our share of problems with them.
Have considered a different service provider.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:03 pm

we get the AT&T scam emails and phone calls on occasion too. ours were not from AT&T, but from criminal scammers. we ignore them.
JEBar wrote:as an FYI .... this morning we received an email from AT&T giving us notice of a pending withdrawal from our account .. :? .. considering that we don't have an account with AT&T, that came as a complete surprise .. :shock: .. my first thought was someone had stolen a credit card number and opened an account .... my wife was at our local AT&T office when it opened .... we knew that they had bought Direct TV but didn't know that AT&T is now handling the billing for Direct .... must say we were relieved that all's good .. :D
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:09 pm

We dumped Direct-TV years ago. Had FIOS TV for a while and dumped it too. We get our TV entertainment from the internet. We watch what we want when we want.
markiver54 wrote:Yes, AT&T has gotten way too big! All they want is our money. We have had our share of problems with them.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:23 pm

Mags wrote:.
We dumped Direct-TV years ago. Had FIOS TV for a while and dumped it too. We get our TV entertainment from the internet. We watch what we want when we want.
markiver54 wrote:Yes, AT&T has gotten way too big! All they want is our money. We have had our share of problems with them.
For a lot cheaper too! :)
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:37 pm

Yes, I did forget to mention that. "lot cheaper too".
markiver54 wrote:
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:34 pm

markiver54 wrote:
I've had Dish Network for a long time, my monthly bill is now up to $130 and that's with no premium channels. Only reason I've been keeping them is for the DVR. A friend was telling me that for around $30-$40 Hulu Plus has a virtual DVR using the cloud so I really need to be checking it out. Already have Amazon prime so I would be saving around $100 a month. Might lose a few channels I watch but anymore it seems most of them are either constant re-runs or reality shows. I have 100 Mbps down fiber so bandwidth is definitely not a problem.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:52 pm

I only have 30Mb download speed. We've run as many as 3 HD streams so far with no issues. If I exit Netflix in the middle of a show, and come back later it knows where I left off watching and I can resume from there. Also with Netflix no extra charge for download and watch offline.
dave77 wrote:
markiver54 wrote:
I've had Dish Network for a long time, my monthly bill is now up to $130 and that's with no premium channels. Only reason I've been keeping them is for the DVR. A friend was telling me that for around $30-$40 Hulu Plus has a virtual DVR using the cloud so I really need to be checking it out. Already have Amazon prime so I would be saving around $100 a month. Might lose a few channels I watch but anymore it seems most of them are either constant re-runs or reality shows. I have 100 Mbps down fiber so bandwidth is definitely not a problem.
0 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:48 am

I never had any kind of paid TV, but have to say that Direct TV has sent my so many flyers and letters through the years trying to get me to buy it, that I could wallpaper a whole house with them.

Even though it wouldn't matter anyway, a little known secret is that, in most cases and even us way out in the country, you get can get a bunch of TV for free out there with a good quality Antenna.
0 x
NRA Member

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:20 am

ATT, Bank of America, Time Warner, spectrum........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x