Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Posting Pictures

If you can give it, or need it, post here
Pitchman1968
Cowhand
United States of America

Posting Pictures

Post by Pitchman1968 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:26 pm

I have been a Forum member 6 years and never posted a picture simply because I do not know how to do it. Can someone please take me through the steps? I take pictures with an iPhone 12 and then upload them to my HP laptop. How do I get a picture from the laptop to display it in a post on this Forum. I think I got close to success a few years ago, but then an error message appeared saying the picture was too large; so, how do it downsize a picture so that it can be posted.

Thanks in advance for helping me

Pitchman 1968
1 x

Luv the lever
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Posting Pictures

Post by Luv the lever » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:32 pm

You need to use an image sharing website, I’ve been asking for help but no one seems willing to share who they use.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:44 pm

Luv the lever wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:32 pm
You need to use an image sharing website, I’ve been asking for help but no one seems willing to share who they use.
You can, but don't need to use an external image sharing website. For most of us, posting directly to this forum works just fine.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:19 pm

Pitchman1968 wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:26 pm
I have been a Forum member 6 years and never posted a picture simply because I do not know how to do it. Can someone please take me through the steps? I take pictures with an iPhone 12 and then upload them to my HP laptop. How do I get a picture from the laptop to display it in a post on this Forum. I think I got close to success a few years ago, but then an error message appeared saying the picture was too large; so, how do it downsize a picture so that it can be posted.

Thanks in advance for helping me

Pitchman 1968
I don't know the details getting from an iphone to an HP laptop.
Likely similar for getting from an android phone to a laptop.

On the Laptop Desktop screen, lower right part of the screen, click on the Bluetooth icon (may need to Show Hidden Icons).
select receive a file.

At your phone, select the picture and share using Bluetooth
Select your laptop name.

On the laptop wait for the transfer to complete, then click finish.
The picture should be on the laptop in the Documents folder - My Bluetooth sub folder.

On this forum there is an 'Attachments' tab below this text window. You may need to select 'Full Editor and Preview' first.
Click Add Files, navigate to the My Bluetooth sub folder in the Documents folder and select the picture you want to post. Click open.
Then click Place inline.
Finish writing your message in the text box and click submit.

If you get a file too big error message you'll need to edit (resize) the picture file.
Windows has a built in App that can do this.
Right click the picture file in the My Bluetooth folder.
Click edit with Paint 3D. Wait for the picture to load.
On the 2nd tool bar line near the right side of the screen there will be a zoom percentage and next to that 3 dots.
Click the 3 dots. A popup menu opens.
Click on Canvas Options. Here you can change the Aspect ratio downward to get the file size down (multiply Height and Width to get the approx file size).
Once you have the aspect ratio file size where you think you want it, click Menu in the upper left and save your work.
Try posting this modified picture to the forum. If still too big repeat these edit steps.
2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:51 pm

Thank you Mags. 👍
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Luv the lever
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Luv the lever » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:29 pm

9F4ACB23-B046-499D-9A03-7A238D1A63A2.jpeg
Working out kinks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Luv the lever
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Luv the lever » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:29 pm

Thanks Mags!
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:34 am

Hey Luv the lever, good work with both the firearm and the camera!
1 x