Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2021 Inome Tax

If you can give it, or need it, post here
Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Re: 2021 Inome Tax

Post by Shakey Jake » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:43 pm

The problem may be on IRS's end. When working at Block we'd always get updates almost on a daily basis. I'd hate to be in the IT department at any of those tax software companies.
Jake
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:08 pm

JEBar wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:47 am
well, its the 17th and the promised update has yet to become available :?
I updated mine late this morning.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:30 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:51 am
Perfect timing on this for me. I have used Turbo-Tax for years but after two years in a row where I was contacted by them telling me my wife’s data was compromised I’m done with them. I was considering using H&R this year and wondered what to expect with them. For you folks using H&R would you recommend it? My taxes are simple, haven’t gone long form for several years due to lack of deductions. Only retirement and SSA income plus bank stuff.

I’m good with waiting until the 17th to file. Should I use H&R or look at another service? Thanks
Did my taxes with H&R Block and I feel it is more user friendly than Turbo-Tax. However, both are good programs. Found out my wife’s data breech is somebody using her ssn and claiming it as a dependent. So I had to file on paper and mail it in with a special form for these issues. The IRS will issue her a special PIN for future filings.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:15 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:08 pm
I updated mine late this morning.
tried early this morning with no luck .... tried again shortly before noon and it went through .... e-filed shortly thereafter
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:24 pm

question for those who have e-filed their Federal Returns >>>> if you have a refund coming how long did it take for you to get it :?:
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:14 pm

JEBar wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:24 pm
question for those who have e-filed their Federal Returns >>>> if you have a refund coming how long did it take for you to get it :?:
In case you missed my earlier post, mine was accepted on Jan 27, refund was deposited to my bank on Feb 8. I had heard they might be a little slower this year due to staff shortages but seemed pretty normal to me.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:19 pm

two weeks (or less ) would be fine with me
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:22 am

We have used the same accountants for the last decade. A Mennonite firm in a small VA town, we had to drive up and interview before they agreed to accept our business. I was still working at the time, and handed her a disc with the previous year's tax info. There was an excel spreadsheet with my deductions broken down by class and tallies by excel. If she rejected a proposed deduction, excel changed the totals.

"We don't allow gray areas." She said.
" I'm good with that."

I email my documents.
She does my taxes, efiles, direct deposits the returns.
I mail a check, and forward a signed hard copy of the efile authorization.
I thought we would have to look elsewhere when we moved. "We got you."
OK State and Federal done in four days.

:D

I'd rather pay them to do my short form, they keep up with the changes.
Peace of mind.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:27 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:30 pm
Hatchdog wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:51 am
Perfect timing on this for me. I have used Turbo-Tax for years but after two years in a row where I was contacted by them telling me my wife’s data was compromised I’m done with them. I was considering using H&R this year and wondered what to expect with them. For you folks using H&R would you recommend it? My taxes are simple, haven’t gone long form for several years due to lack of deductions. Only retirement and SSA income plus bank stuff.

I’m good with waiting until the 17th to file. Should I use H&R or look at another service? Thanks
Did my taxes with H&R Block and I feel it is more user friendly than Turbo-Tax. However, both are good programs. Found out my wife’s data breech is somebody using her ssn and claiming it as a dependent. So I had to file on paper and mail it in with a special form for these issues. The IRS will issue her a special PIN for future filings.
Forgot to mention that it could take up to 180 days for the IRS to process my return. Yikes! Well I won’t be using my return to help pay my first half property taxes but maybe I’ll get it in time for the second half in October. :lol:
0 x

GeoBoy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by GeoBoy » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:17 am

We have our deductions narrowed down to the point where we break even with the state and get less than a hundred dollars from the fed. I have never let the government act as a savings bank.
0 x
Henry Hoo1T, Hoo9