Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2020 Federal Income Taxes

If you can give it, or need it, post here
John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: 2020 Federal Income Taxes

Post by John E Davies » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:15 am

I filed early using Turbo Tax, the deposit of my refund was made on 02/24/21. That is pretty fast.

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

MuddyWaters62
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by MuddyWaters62 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:37 pm

I filed mine also with Turbo Tax, and it was accepted within a hour of filing. We will also get credit for the rebate. So now we wait. So far we are pleased with Turbo Tax. We have used them for several years. We don't have a state income tax here in Texas. They have their ways to drain your wallet.

Muddy Waters 67
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:21 pm

We received our refund on the 22nd, 10 days after our return was accepted by the IRS. I have used Turbo-Tax for years from going long form to today’s simple 1040. Only reason I couldn’t file for free is my wife has an account from her inheritance from her mom that paid too much interest so had to pay the $40 or so Turbo Tax fee. Good problem to have...... :D

But wait there’s more.......

We get an email of what will be delivered by USPS and today’s email shows a letter from the IRS. Boy, sure hope they don’t audit our simple tax return done by Trubo Tax. If so, it will go down as the fastest audit in history. :lol: Can’t accuse me of cheating on my deductions since I didn’t have any. Ha!
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:09 pm

we haven't qualified for any deductions in several years .... doing our taxes is about as simple as they come ... 2 sources of income from NC State Retirement and 2 from social security .... all 4 income statements are from government offices .... no deductions .... like I said, pretty simple
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:33 am

But wait there’s more.......

We get an email of what will be delivered by USPS and today’s email shows a letter from the IRS. Boy, sure hope they don’t audit our simple tax return done by Trubo Tax. If so, it will go down as the fastest audit in history. :lol: Can’t accuse me of cheating on my deductions since I didn’t have any. Ha!

As expected it was nothing. Just some information concerning the second stimulus check which we received way back when. :D
1 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:28 pm

Well Turboed my taxes this afternoon and glad that is done. I got audited back in 1986 and as the IRS letter stated it was a random audit.
A cold February day just after a snow/ice storm and the agent shows up in a van in my driveway. He was confined to a wheelchair and all went fine until he was ready to leave and I had to get him in his wheelchair down the front icy steps and sidewalk.
Well there was this pine tree just off the sidewalk straight ahead and you guessed it....he got away from me and into the tree!!
He said he was fine and stuff like that happens as I was sweating bullets about my return! Anyway 2wks later the local IRS office called to tell me my return was 100% correct. What a huge relief that was!
2 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:31 pm

I'm still waiting for 1099's. Seems like they come slower every year. I'm almost tempted to file without them and then do an amended return. There are deadlines for them to be mailed but seldom enforced so companies do what they please. Still waiting for the wife's 1099 from ETS and the 1099S for the sale of mom's home.
Jake
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:57 pm

from what we've been hearing most Federal refunds are being deposited 7 to 11 days from the time they were accepted .... that seems to me to be a quicker turnaround than last year
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:19 pm

Not complainin'; just wonderin'. ;)

My electronic 1040 was accepted on Feb 13. The "Where's my Refund" website confirms they have it and reports that it "...is still being processed". I spoke with an IRS rep last Friday who said "data was being verified". Really?

I literally have four 1099-INTs and two 1099-Rs all totalling less than $5K. Until I'm required to withdraw money from my IRAs and 401Ks next year, my only other income is SS. I have zero deductibles and, after the standard deduction, my 2020 AGI was a whopping $5K.

I lead a very simple life and have no debt, so I don't need the refund (that I will eventually get), but I've never had to wait this long before.

I'm thinking they should really be looking at someone else's data. Seriously. I can suggest a short list of names that should keep them very busy.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:35 pm

when it comes to filling out our taxes, ours (like yours) is about as simple as it can get .... our income is from 2 state retirements and 2 social security .... no deductions .... no clue why they would need to spend a second reviewing yours .... sounds like a possible computer glitch :?:
0 x