Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Buck 183 Alpha Crosslock

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Buck 183 Alpha Crosslock

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:27 am

my name is Jim and I'm a Buck-aholic .. :? .. there, its said and is out in the open .. :o .. when I look at knives, Buck is the only brand I pay much attention to .... when one catches my attention I start thinking about it and even though I have absolutely no need for it, I find myself going back to look at it again and again .... from that point on, "resistance is futile, it will be assimilated" .... the latest such Buck is a 183 Alpha Crosslock Dual 2 Blade Folding Knife ===> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HN ... UTF8&psc=1 .... should the opportunity arise and I would once again need a blade for cleaning whitetails, black bear and boar, its the one I'd carry .... realistically, those days are gone and as has often been the case, there is no need to purchase one .... oh well, if things go as scheduled, it should be here Friday .... :D
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Buck 183 Alpha Crosslock

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:42 pm

JEBar wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:27 am
.... when one catches my attention I start thinking about it and even though I have absolutely need for it, I find myself going back to look at it again and again ....
Freudian slip! I believe there should be the word ‘no’ in there somewhere.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:12 pm

correct and I've gone back and inserted the word " no" ... ;) .. when it comes to most of my Buck knives, the fall into the want, not the need category and I'm happy with that .. 8-)
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:44 am

overall, my first impressions are favorable .... the pictures below show the Alpha .... some contrast it with a Buck 110 Folding Hunter .... the blade locking mechanism is designed similar to but is much heavier duty than the one in my Leatherman Charge .... the regular blade is very sharp, the saw blade teeth are very sharp and aggressive .... the raised checkering of the handles yields a solid gripping surface .... I believe it would really help while cleaning an animal .... one negative of the aggressive checkering is, I wouldn't want to carry this knife in my pocket .... I dislike the belt clip ... very stiff, would be cumbersome to use, it takes away from the feel of the knife in my hand .... to remove the clip I need to find a very small star screwdriver or bit diver
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:35 pm

today I received a bit set with the small 6 point star bit needed to remove the two small screws (shown in the last picture in post 1) holding on the belt clip .... the two sides now look identical .... the Alpha without the belt clip is shown below .. 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x