Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Buck 110 Slim

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Buck 110 Slim

Post by PT7 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:24 am

It's been a while since I added a Buck folder to my small knife collection. Found one I really like, and it's now my EDC in a horizontal belt-carry sheath. The full marketing name is "Buck 110 Slim Select Lockback Knife OD Green (3.625" Satin). I don't know when it was first produced, and I hadn't seen one until some weeks ago. OK, I'll start with some pictures I just took.
DSCN3573.JPG
DSCN3574.JPG
DSCN3577.JPG
DSCN3578.JPG

The web shop I got it from posted this description/features:
The Buck 110 has been given an EDC makeover with the 110 Slim Select Series. This 110 Slim model is built with OD green GFN (glass-filled nylon) handle scales and a classic 110 clip point blade. The 110 Slim Select offers everyday carry versatility with one-hand blade deployment (dual thumb studs), and a stainless steel lockback mechanism for secure Buck 110 lock up.
Most of my Bucks have the 420HC steel blades with hardness 58-60 RC, as this slim Buck also carries. One new-to-me part of the blade makeup is that it is "tumbled." Haven't found out yet what that exactly means. One thing I've noticed about the blade is that it has an almost "cloudy" appearance to it, and not the typical shinier satin on my other Bucks. That may be part of what "tumbled" is, along with whatever other factors I may discover.

This Buck functions very well, opening the blade is easy with no sideways blade movement, and the lockup is really very solid. This is a well-built knife. I'm glad this "Buck stopped here." ;)

As usual, hope you enjoy.

PT7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

~Пока~

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Buck 110 Slim

Post by JEBar » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:09 am

interesting little Buck .... the look of the blade is most certainly different .... think I still prefer the shiny blade
0 x