Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

At last. Found a 2-tone Buck 141 fixed-blade.

PT7
Drover
United States of America

At last. Found a 2-tone Buck 141 fixed-blade.

Post by PT7 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:01 pm

Part of my small knife collection has been fixed-blades, mostly Bucks. In particular, I really like the Buck Paklite series. Since I got my first Buck fixed-blade in March 2017, a Tops/Buck CSAR-T 680, I've been looking for a Buck 141 with a stainless steel silver blade, and a black handle. That's purely for its looks as black and silver is a favorite color combo for me, e.g. same coloration as my new Henry H012MAW .357 Big Boy. ;)

All that said, I at last found a 2-tone 141 at DLT Trading. First one I've seen available in the last couple of years. I guess fixed blades may not be a high-demand item. Anyway, here's a brief description, followed by a photo shoot. The shoot I always enjoy doing, especially challenged with reflection off of knives. 'Twas fun to add this fixed-blade Buck 141 to my collection.

~The Blade is a 3-1/2" Skinner in 420HC steel. OAL of 8", and weighs 4.1 oz.
~Handle is 420HC steel with a black traction coating. The grip is sure and solid.
~It is accessorized with the standard Buck heavy-duty nylon sheath.

PT7
Buck 141 Paklite_two-tone_3077.JPG
Buck 141 Paklite_two-tone_3078.JPG
Buck 141 Paklite_two-tone_3075.JPG
Buck 141 Paklite_two-tone_3079.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

~Пока~

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: At last. Found a 2-tone Buck 141 fixed-blade.

Post by ESquared » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:39 pm

Very nice! I know almost nothing about those kinds of knives, but THAT looks good.
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:01 pm

Thanks, ESquared.

In the very early days of the HRF, Daytime Dave built the knives Forum, and eventually the sub-forums for Buck, Case, and Schrade. Dave is particularly fond of Buck knives, is quite knowledgeable about "things with an edge" (along with other Henry Folk), and has a nice collection of Bucks. I was glad to see Dave build these Forums for us here. Of course, Henry rifles is the number 1 interest for us. Knives is a fun hobby/interest, as many here use knives everyday for different purposes.

My small knife collection is only about two dozen blades or so. My interest in knives first started when I joined BladeForums.com; you may have visited there already. That Forum is pretty darn huge. I'm not "advertising" for the BF, but I like to look at statistics. The BF started in 1998 and I just checked the membership today: 337,948 members and 1,436,034 discussions initiated over the years. I found an interesting stat listing "notable" members, e.g. long-timers, high posters, those with many "likes," etc. One member has posted 85,104 times!

An unknown stat that boggles my thinking is how many knives are owned by this membership?!? I've read of some BF folk, who have collections numbering in the 100s, and even in the 1000s, of knives...yikes! There are a lot of committed and knowledgeable people on the BF.

We do have on HRF some interesting knife threads under all "edge" categories. After you shine all that Henry rifle brass, and sweep up the last grain of gun powder from your reloading bench, put your feet up and enjoy a mini-tour of some of the knife threads. You'll enjoy the reads. And you'll be getting "sharper" with all the new knowledge you'll gain. ;)
PT7
ESquared wrote:Very nice! I know almost nothing about those kinds of knives, but THAT looks good.
1 x

~Пока~

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:15 pm

ESquared wrote:Very nice! I know almost nothing about those kinds of knives, but THAT looks good.

I'm a huge Buck fan .... thanks for the info and pictures on a series of Buck's that I didn't know existed
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:25 pm

Jim,

Yeah, the Buck Paklites are most interesting knives. I've only had the Skinner models; there are others out there such as a guthook, caper, boning knife, etc. Buck offers them in packages, where a sheath system carries 3 different models together whenever taken into the field hunting. They are strong blades, but without handles they are lighter and easier to clean after use.

I posted about my first Buck Paklite in a 2016 thread. This one is the same model as the 2-tone 141 I just got; only it is an orange 141. Passed it on to CT_Shooter for whenever he hunts. (BTW, Buck offers a 140 model, which is the same exact knife only with a shorter skinner blade).
DSCN1635.JPG
I mentioned at start of this post that I got my Tops/Buck CSAR-T 680 in 2017. It's not a Paklite, but a Buck fixed-blade skeleton knife. Here it is.
DSCN1636.JPG
The one other Buck fixed-blade skeleton knife I have is the Thorn 017. This model has the skeleton handle "dressed" very nicely in green alox, and carries a lanyard. It a beautiful knife; more of a collector's blade.
DSCN1697.JPG
My final fixed-blade skeleton knife came from a different manufacturer, SOG. It is a neck-carry, and quite small. It's high-quality and solid knife, easy to carry in front pocket also in a Kydex sheath. Got it photo'd next to my SP101 with a 4.2" barrel for size comparison.
DSCN1370.JPG
SP101 .357 Magnum and SOG Snarl.JPG
Here is a link to the website "Copper & Clad." http://copperandclad.com/ They only carry Buck knives. In the search box, simply type in "Paklite." You'll see the various models I've mentioned.

Glad you mentioned you were not familiar with the Buck Paklite series. Gave me the chance to dig out some older photos of those and my other skeleton blades. I also pulled out my knife storage case tonight and looked over these blades "in person." Always fun to do. :D

PT7
JEBar wrote:
I'm a huge Buck fan .... thanks for the info and pictures on a series of Buck's that I didn't know existed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

~Пока~