Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Buck CSAR-T in a new leather sheath

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Buck CSAR-T in a new leather sheath

Post by PT7 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:57 pm

This is a fun post to show off a new hand-made leather sheath I got for my Buck CSAR-T blade.

I met a sheath maker on the BladeForums a couple of weeks ago, and saw some of his work (sheath photos) posted there. I liked what I saw, contacted him via email, worked out my preferences, and now have a safe place for my Buck to travel with me. And I really like that per my request, he also built this leather sheath so I could use it as horizontal EDC. Fits really well on my belt. I think the rivets, which will nicely patina, give it a cool & rugged look. :D

[For the larger view, click on each photo]
DSCN1677.JPG
DSCN1679.JPG
DSCN1673.JPG
[This is my favorite photo taken tonight]
DSCN1680.JPG
DSCN1682.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

~Пока~

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Buck CSAR-T in a new leather sheath

Post by daytime dave » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:05 am

That's a good looking knife in a very practical sheath. The sheath looks pretty robust too.

I prefer leather sheaths to just about anything. Although the plastic Kydex types sheaths that a couple of my new Bucks have are growing on me.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:52 am

There's just no substitute for a really nice leather sheath, and it's the perfect companion for the knife too. A great combination. ;)
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:30 pm

I like the "robust" adjective you used...that's what I was thinking when I wrote "rugged-looking," but couldn't get the right word. Also the finish of this sheath has some handling/machining marks on it, which gives it a more "distressed" look, too. To carry/protect a simple fixed-blade Buck this sheath seems just the right style and looks for me. The sheath maker gave me carry options: upright, horizontal, or both. Since I never have had a horizontal sheath, I asked for both to try them out. Horizontal definitely is my choice, if available, for future sheaths. Fits most comfortably and carries with cool out-of-the-way positioning.

I don't have a lot of sheaths yet; most are either leather or cordura nylon. I like them in that order, but kydex is my least favorite. That material simply doesn't feel good in my hand. I guess there is just too much plastic around for my likes. ;) My Buck 141 has a cordura sheath with a kydex liner, an interesting design. I think the kydex liner is removable so the sheath can be washed.

To "dress" a knife is almost as interesting as selecting a new knife. Lots of good-looking sheath choices out there. I'll go this way again with a sheath maker, because I enjoyed working together to create my own design for a sheath.
daytime dave wrote:That's a good looking knife in a very practical sheath. The sheath looks pretty robust too.

I prefer leather sheaths to just about anything. Although the plastic Kydex types sheaths that a couple of my new Bucks have are growing on me.
1 x

~Пока~

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:20 am

Very nice!

Cate
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:04 am

Guns, sharp pointy things and leather. Who doesn't love that? Very nice rig PT.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully