Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Show off your daily user

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Show off your daily user

Post by daytime dave » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:32 pm

With Ranch Roper's great post of his daily user, I found it interesting and was wondering what each of us carried for a daily user.

Let's keep this a picture thread or description of your own daily carry knife or knives. (Description if you don't have pictures.) Please post a description or tell how it works, why you like it, etc.

PLEASE only your new post of what you carry in this thread. Please don't comment on everyone else's knife. Just hit the like if you like it. Let's see how this works.
6 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Show off your daily user

Post by JEBar » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:32 pm

historically I carry 3 knives .... why ? can't really say, I just do

Buck 110 folding hunter worn in a belt sheath

Buck Knives Folding Hunter Pocket Knife

Leatherman Charge worn in a belt sheath
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
7 x

ditchparrot
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ditchparrot » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:44 pm

I usually grab one of these two Buck single-blades. The one with the camo handle is lighter and the gold one has a metal clip that you can hook on a pocket.

I used to carry a Chicago Cutlery three-blader that my Mom got me for my 23rd birthday 30 years ago, but these days it stays on the reloading bench. That way I can use it frequently and also keep real close tabs on it because I dread losing it.
Bucks.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
9 x
Henry Big Boy Rifle .357
Henry Classic .22
Henry Lever-Action .410
Henry Big Boy Revolver .357

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:09 pm

These are my go-to cowboy knives for regular use. A Schrade "Uncle Henry" Bowie with stag handle, 15" overall with a 10" stainless steel clip point blade. The other little one is the Pine Ridge belt knife I posted the other day. Both are with me horseback, and the little goes everywhere as well. I keep the Bowie on an old time Triple K cartridge belt that I carry ammo in for the 1860 rifle when horseback. I also have a different style Schrade Bowie, 15" as well that I keep in my truck. I have some others as well but these are the 2 main ones. Both are full tang knives and tough as nails. :D

ps....this is a great thread. 8-)
9 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:33 pm

A very cool knife thread. 8-)

Almost always in my front right pocket. Tough to go anywhere without my trusty & useful SAK Climber.
This is the oldest SAK I have -- age 34 years. I have another new Climber with black handles, for whenever "Old Red" stays home in the knife case.

SAK Climber_Old Red.jpg
One of these three blades is usually on my belt, horizontal carry.
Victorinox Hunter Pro. Both have a 4" blade.
Victorinox Hunter Pro.JPG

Buck 722 Spitfire with 3" blade.[/size][/b]
Grey Buck 722.JPG
Last edited by PT7 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
6 x

~Пока~

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

My Old Patrol Partner

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am

When I graduated from the Academy, the Chief pulled me aside and told me that he had been watching me. Congratulated me on finishing first in my academy class, and told me I had a choice of assignments. Of course I chose patrol. He told me that my military background had gotten me the job right out of the gate at the interview, but the military folder I had in my pocket, :roll: though tough, wasn't the best for the new job. I needed a better knife. He showed me his... a benchmade. Titanium with a half serrated blade.

I carried the knife for my entire career, and have been carrying it ever since. Yeah, yeah, there have been others who teased me, lured me like Sirens. Carry me, carry me. I'm lighter, I'm cooler, look at me, I'm beautiful. I'm the latest thing... but I always come back to this one. It's been a working knife. The knife is older now. Beat up a bit. No longer handsome and pristine. It's blade has scrapes and scars, but it's still able to do the job.. kinda like me. ;)
old patrol partner.jpg
Like many who have a gun collection, I also have a small knife collection... but this one was never going to be a collector's piece. It worked. ;)
9 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ojaileveraction » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:12 pm

I carry these in my bag .
20170907_074202.jpg
I'll slip the Opinel in my pocket when needed. Love the simplicity of that knife.
8 x
Pax at Justitia

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:13 pm

I inherited my father-in-law's pocket knife, which he carried for decades. I've had it now for twelve years, and I carry it and use it everyday.
Buck303.jpg
8 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Steve51
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Steve51 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:30 pm

I have carried a 3 blade stockman pocket knife everyday for over 40 years. For several years I carried a Uncle Henry Signature 3 blade knife. Then I went to mid-size Case stockmans. For the last several years, like CT_Shooter, I carry a Buck 303.
Buck 303.JPG
4 x
H001, H001L, H004, H001TM, H006, H010, H012M, H012GR
NRA Member, GOA Member, ISRA Member, ILCCW

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:39 pm

This Bucks was one of the very 1st easy open boot knife to they ever made. The rubber insert keeps the knife from move where you put it .

5 x